I'm looking into making a summon-centric build, and I am debating which class/multi-class to take.

I want to use the Animancy Cat pet, but I've read that it doesn't work with the following summons:

• Ghost Heart pet
  • Wizard Phantoms & Tekehu's Watery Double
  • Wizard & Druid & Priest summons in general

Is this information correct? Is Chanter really the only class (other than Monk, apparently) that has summons which benefit from Animancy Cat?

I am playing on vanilla deadfire, so no mods at this time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hansvedic said:

I'm looking into making a summon-centric build, and I am debating which class/multi-class to take.

I want to use the Animancy Cat pet, but I've read that it doesn't work with the following summons:

• Ghost Heart pet
  • Wizard Phantoms & Tekehu's Watery Double
  • Wizard & Druid & Priest summons in general

Is this information correct? Is Chanter really the only class (other than Monk, apparently) that has summons which benefit from Animancy Cat?

I am playing on vanilla deadfire, so no mods at this time.

I know it doesn't work on phantoms (including monk duplicates) so I had assumed the differentiating factor was whether a summon was party-controllable. So I checked (vanilla game) and

• Doesn't work on any duplicates (wizard phantoms, watery double, dichotomous souls)
  • Works with chanter summons in general, but not the skeletons from Many Lives
  • Works with Call to The Primordial Oozes, Blights, and Sporelings
  • Works with Spiritual Ally, does not work on incarnate of skaen
  • Does not work with ghost heart summons

Didn't test everything but what I did holds with my thesis that you get animancy cat benefits if and only if a summon is party controllable, except in the case of ghost heart summons because animal companions are also tagged differently, which is why for instance you can make scripts to attack whatever your animal companion is attacking but can't do this with summons. 

• Like 4