Question about finding NPC abilities

Hi,

I want to find which json file(s) the NPC characters list there battle abilities in. For example, if I wanted to find all the abilities of the Scourge NPCs in "The Beast of Winter" where would I look?

Also, is there a way at runtime to know what the Current Effects are for an NPC during combat? Similar to how I can look in the character sheet to see the Current Effects of my character.

I'm technically savvy and no C# and JSON very well.

Thanks!

Hey,

The progressiontables.gamedatabundle contains lists of all the base game's character's and creatures' abilities. Though the abilities for a Scourge and all other Beast of Winter specific enemies/npcs will be located in lax2_progressiontables.gamedatabundle.

As to your other question, there might be a console command that lets you view information on effects on NPCs in game. Otherwise I don't think there is any conventional way to see what effects are currently applied other than the information panel that appears in the corner when hovering over an enemy in combat.

@KvellenThanks that was useful. I assume there is a graph of object relations between the different gamedatabundles using guids as ids? Is there an easy to way to see this graph across these files?

I can see where the current values for a particular ability is calculated at run time so the console would be the best way to view that  information. Still looking.

Hmm, I'm afraid modding at runtime is pretty far outside my area of knowledge I'm afraid. 😅

I will say that the fan made mod tool Apotheosis does collect the contents of all the .gamedatabundle files in more easy to search and navigable fashion.

Beyond that there might be something in the official modding documentation maybe?

Edited by Kvellen