20 hours ago, Elkenes said:

I tried out a paladin build but got very bored and had to restart. Does any one know what stats I should put use and subclass? I would prefer to be melee.

I've played seers quite a bit. They have the highest accuracy potential in the game and good defenses in most situations because of borrowed instinct. The build is different whether you want ranged or melee. Boar is probably the best pet regardless but isn't super important, pick what you like. Bear is also good and has higher armor than boar but less HP and doesn't regen health in combat.

If you want melee then you should go stalker / soul blade. Important cipher spells are psychovampiric shield, borrowed instinct, and anything that buffs the pet like Pain Block and Echoing Shield. You don't need direct damage spells as much. You may want whispers of treason but isn't really needed. Mostly you cast psychovampiric shield and borrowed instinct and then beat things to death with a stick, casting soul annihilation to finish things off. For cipher passives, hammering thoughts and iron will are musts, also greater focus, and later the empty soul and echoing horror. Take lingering echoes if you have room.

I'd pick starting stats something like 15/9/13/20/18/3 (mig/con/dex/per/int/res). You want borrowed instinct to last as long as possible, and you want psychovampiric shield and borrowed instinct to land as much as possible, hence max PER/INT. You can actually dump resolve because psychovampiric shield gives steadfast (+5 resolve), and borrowed instinct gives an additional +20 all defenses, but if you don't want to dump it you could do something more "balanced" like 12/10/10/20/18/8. You should still max PER and INT though because borrowed instinct is so good you want it up always, and psychovampiric shield is also extremely good and you get that one at level 4. And later you'll want pet buffs like pain block to last as long as possible so it can tank. 

Take draining whip so you can use soul annihilation more. On ranger side you mostly want +accuracy talents like marked prey and some pet buffs (vicious companion, resilient companion, protective companion, stalker's link if you have room for all those). Concussive Tranquilizer and Evasive roll are also quite useful. Later you'll want survival of the fittest, superior camouflage, uncanny luck, improved critical, and tough if you have room. 

If you want ranged build then can go either generic ranger / generic cipher or sharpshooter / generic cipher or either / ascendant. With this route you still want spells to buff the pet, but you have options about attacking, can focus on ranged weapon DPS or more on spellcasting  (I prefer ranged weapon dps).

In this case I'd pick stats something like 14/8/15/20/18/3. You *really* don't need resolve for a ranged seer and you don't need much CON but you don't want to get one-shot so I wouldn't drop it below 6. 

If you found this helpful I can give more detailed build suggestions if you like, with what to take at various levels, items etc., just tell me the direction you're going (melee/ranged, subclasses etc.)

Edited by Shai Hulud