Infected Wolf Spider jump

I haven’t crossed paths with Infected Wolf Spiders in the game for a long time, so I can’t say exactly from which version the change happened, but their current jumps are absolutely unrealistic. The height and length of the jump are excessive, it is almost useless to fight them using a crossbow. True, in this situation there is also a positive point - the height of the jump is such that he loses about 30% of his health upon landing. Enough to survive a couple of his jumps - and he commits suicide.
And as far as jumping is concerned, adding this feature to most beetles not so long ago is not a very good idea at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at odds with the mechanic at first but anything is better than the dumb AI that creatures used to have pre 1.0 release. If we can jump, then they should be able to jump too (and many insects do in RL)...

The real issue is that bows handle very poorly in game forcing the player to get good at melee which is my preference (but not everyone's which I totally get and understand). I am sure if bows were improved you would actually get to like the extra challenge of the jumping mechanic feeling like a real Robin Hood lol. I know I would use bows more if they didn't suck so much as I currently only use them to draw Infected Wolfs away from hordes of Infected Larva and to knock berries out of trees.

But I really get your frustration over using bows to take them on; it truly is maddening!! On Woah they kill me more than Black Widows because of their explosions.

I do have a technique I use on Woah to deal with them though and am now able to kill them 90-95% of the time with smoothies and around 35-40% of the time without heals...no spoilers but can hide text if needed