Game will not launch on PC (Game Pass) after hard crash froze the whole computer

A few hours into a solo session of the game it crashed, seemingly at random, when I jumped off a ledge in the garden. My whole system froze and I had to manually end the game process after the system unfroze (approx 10 minutes). 

When I attempted to reopen the game after restarting the computer it will not load beyond the splash screen "Loading game...". I have tried verifying the game files through the Game Pass for PC app and reinstalling the game but it remains unable to start. I have also tried to reset/reinstalled the Microsoft Store, Game Pass and Gaming Services apps.

Z5bHd0aweh (2).jpg

-Hello Stevo

I'm sorry that you've been dealing with these random crashes during your time with Grounded. I see that you've already tried reinstalling the game and the Xbox App, so we can skip those steps. Next, I would make sure your video card and OS are both fully up to date. 

If that doesn't work, I recommend submitting a support request, so we can investigate this issue. 

Please include the following information:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Obsidian Support

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the slow response. I discovered that the game crash had also caused my graphics card driver to stop working correctly. After reinstalling the AMD software and the driver Grounded was more than happy to launch again. Found it a little odd that there is no warning about a graphics card not being detected but I realise this is a bit of an edge case. Thanks for your assistance.