Lag spikes every few seconds.

I have been playing the game for around two weeks on my PC, my current and only save is at day 75. I have been playing mostly with my two brothers however occasionally I will jump over to single player when they are offline. I only really noticed the issue starting this weekend and it has consistently been more prevalent. Every ten or so seconds the game will lag where it just freezes for a split second then jumps back to where it should be. It's not unplayable but it is extremely annoying, so much so that I cleaned up my entire PC and tried every fix I could find online. I have the games settings set to medium and performance which acted only as a temporary fix. I have found a few people saying they have the same problem with varying solutions however nothing worked on my end. I thought because I'm playing the Microsoft version of the game, I could try to switch to playing on my Xbox series s, however to no avail the problem persisted. I have killed off all of the ants in the red anthill nearby to my base, begun destroying unnecessary structures, retrieved all backpacks and moved all free grass planks and weed stems to their respective stack. At this point I have no idea what to do. My PC meets all requirements, and my Wi-Fi is excellent, like I said I only just started noticing the issue. I figured instead of getting frustrated and dropping the game I'd just ask directly. I have really been enjoying Grounded and hope I can come back to it ASAP, but for now if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. 

I have exactly the same issue and may be with the last 1.0.4 patch. As you said the game has become very annoying to play. 

I'm not on PC but on Xbox series S and I have exactly the same experience. I've just sent an email to the support for this issue. 

go to the black ant nest near the trash heap and clean out all the food bits they've hoarded itl get worse when u get closer but as u destroy the food you'll notice it get better and better something about the ants trampling and getting stuck in 500-1000 pieces of food causing a massive amount of collisions to occur. if ur not geared or don't have a way over there don't fret, you can just build some stairs up to the deck on the house to by pass the haze.  once ur over by the trash heap there arent any aggro bugs just black worker ants and a roly poly look for a puddle of water filled with food typically u can just follow the ants. hope this helps.

17 hours ago, XLR8 said:

I have been playing the game for around two weeks on my PC, my current and only save is at day 75. I have been playing mostly with my two brothers however occasionally I will jump over to single player when they are offline. I only really noticed the issue starting this weekend and it has consistently been more prevalent. Every ten or so seconds the game will lag where it just freezes for a split second then jumps back to where it should be. It's not unplayable but it is extremely annoying, so much so that I cleaned up my entire PC and tried every fix I could find online. I have the games settings set to medium and performance which acted only as a temporary fix. I have found a few people saying they have the same problem with varying solutions however nothing worked on my end. I thought because I'm playing the Microsoft version of the game, I could try to switch to playing on my Xbox series s, however to no avail the problem persisted. I have killed off all of the ants in the red anthill nearby to my base, begun destroying unnecessary structures, retrieved all backpacks and moved all free grass planks and weed stems to their respective stack. At this point I have no idea what to do. My PC meets all requirements, and my Wi-Fi is excellent, like I said I only just started noticing the issue. I figured instead of getting frustrated and dropping the game I'd just ask directly. I have really been enjoying Grounded and hope I can come back to it ASAP, but for now if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. 

Black ants are gathering massive amounts of food at black ant hill and it isn't de-spawning. Deleting it all will help until it is fixed. 

4 minutes ago, VON VORTEX said:

Hoping there isn't a stock pile in the fire ant Hill, otherwise this will take a while to clear. 

You hope in vain, fire ants have a similar stock pile. It's in the room with Hot Chachas Candy. But there stocks accumulate even more slowly than in red ants. And according to my observations, lags are affected only by a pile at the trash can, underground stocks only interfere with the movement of the character with direct contact. Although, maybe this is a consequence of their different sizes (300+/150/50 in my case)

• Like 1

Group of three of us playing through a game using a Shared World. I usually Host and noticed the lags occurring over the weekend, I did all the usual things (check drivers, stop services etc.), but nothing helped. Having read these comments me and another player headed over to the Black Ants and saw a few carrying items back to their hoard so followed, issue is that I got just past the back left corner of the sandpit (with the first black bag in sight) and my machine froze upand I had to kill the process... I even created a standard copy of the save to try to load that off of the Shared space, but suffered the same freeze, with no way out other than to kill the process. So we can't even get there to clear up, so the game is unplayable for us at the moment. I might have another go on my own later with all the graphics settings set VERY LOW.

5 hours ago, poordecisions said:

go to the black ant nest near the trash heap and clean out all the food bits they've hoarded itl get worse when u get closer but as u destroy the food you'll notice it get better and better something about the ants trampling and getting stuck in 500-1000 pieces of food causing a massive amount of collisions to occur. if ur not geared or don't have a way over there don't fret, you can just build some stairs up to the deck on the house to by pass the haze.  once ur over by the trash heap there arent any aggro bugs just black worker ants and a roly poly look for a puddle of water filled with food typically u can just follow the ants. hope this helps.

This is the issue, the other stockpiles definitely dont help, but the major issue is this pathfinding issue through the water.  The black ants near the trash heap drop hundreds of food pieces into the water.  Clearing it out and building a wall solved the problem for us, but if youre still having issues after this then youll need to clear out the other ant hills as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chargenut said:

I might have another go on my own later with all the graphics settings set VERY LOW.

I suspect this won't help. Graphics settings, even in theory, cannot affect the lags associated with this pile (there is simply an outrageous number of game objects in one place for a game engine).

• Like 1