Hosts stutter every few seconds since patch 1.0.4

The issue started with the patch 1.0.4 release. We all play on PC using the xbox app and game pass. Every one of my group of friends were able to host the game with no issues prepatch, since the patch all of us experience stutters / micro freezes every few seconds, making the game unplayable. Sometimes the host plays fine for 1-2 minutes, then the stutters begin. Starting a new game we didn't observe any issue, so it's something related to our existing game. We tried copying the save and erasing most of the building and all the ziplines, but the stuttering didn't stop.

• Like 5

I can confirm exactly the same issue in our group of 2 people playing the game. We've created a new game when the game released 1.0 version (about a month ago) and we were able to play multiplayer in PC (windows 10) through the xbox app with no issues. Now after patch 1.0.4 whenever some of us hosts the game experiences stutter issues every 30 seconds. The game seem to freeze for about 1-2seconds making it unplayable (it's constant). If you could take a look seems to be affecting only the host of the game and I don't know if it has to do with the persistent layer of the game saving to disk or whatnot. We cannot choose to create a new game because we've already are near completing the main quest and have amassed a lot of progress

update on the issue. also the new game created after 1.0.4 started behaving the same way. the world is still at early stages and almost no structures have been built. minimum graphics on high end PCs doesn't help solving the issue as well.

I've also managed to trash over 1,000 apple and/or hot dog pieces at the location mentioned in the Reddit post. This appears to have resolved the issues experienced on Xbox Series X/S.

However I imagine that players will need to perform this maintenance on a regular basis until its patched. There were a queue of black ants with apple chunks ready to replenish the trashed pile. 

it is definitely the black ants near the trash heap.  It had been happening for a few days and i had done some digging through the threads on steam and here.  So i went to the place built a couple huge sets of stairs up to the deck on the house (through the lag) to bypass the haze and get over there.  no aggro bugs there just the worker ants and a couple rolly polys the lag got way worse as i got closer but sure enough after i trashed all their food it was fixed.  i put up a barricade to stop them from doing it and it seems to have worked.  hope this helps.

I see everyone's issue is being fixed by clearing the ant hill. I've not yet been to that part of the map and I'm also based on the opposite end of the map, just before the pond but I'll try anyway (hoping that is the problem)

Update when I have visited their den.

I have/had this issue on my single player map. I went to the trash location in the reddit pictures and there was about 400 hog and apple bits. Cleared it out and it looks to be solved.

I did open my single player map up, but that was way back during the EA period.

I also noticed that the black ants keep hauling hog and apple bits even after clearing them out. So I built a few grass walls to "stop" them for now. Will see if that helps deter them from hoarding so much food.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:17 AM, Herunar said:

The issue started with the patch 1.0.4 release. We all play on PC using the xbox app and game pass. Every one of my group of friends were able to host the game with no issues prepatch, since the patch all of us experience stutters / micro freezes every few seconds, making the game unplayable. Sometimes the host plays fine for 1-2 minutes, then the stutters begin. Starting a new game we didn't observe any issue, so it's something related to our existing game. We tried copying the save and erasing most of the building and all the ziplines, but the stuttering didn't stop.

Me and my friend have the same issue here!

Who ever loads the world starts off fine but after a few minutes the host starts to have fps drops (stutters) while the other person has nothing.

I've already sent the details to the game support so they can be aware of the situation, for now just clean everything that looks good, then if you go back to the trunk after a few days just go and clean it again, the only solution for now.