A Change to how Resources Respawn in Grounded

Understanding how resources respawn in Grounded is not very intiutive, especially for new players. I myself still do not understand how grass respawns in the yard due to the lack of official information from Obsidian and the abundance of potential misinformation in forum posts. Do you remove the grass stumps? Do you leave them? Who knows. One forum post says one thing and the next contradicts. (This should be obvious, but I am using this as an example, not as an invitation to share your thoughts on grass respawning in the comments). The confusion is exacerbated by the fact that resource respawning seems to be different for the different resources. With weed stems, I have consistently removed the stumps to have the weed stems regrow. With grass, I have removed the stumps to have the grass not regrow. Confusion.

So, moving on to my thoughts on resource respawning. As far as I can tell, resources in Grounded have static respawns. When you destroy a rock, a new rock will respawn at the same location given time (same goes for grass, stems, etc). What I propose is a moderately complex item, "Weed Killer."

"Weed Killer" Functionality:

• When the item is equipped, every farmable & respawnable resource becomes highlighted with a blue outline (default is blue, meaning the resource will respawn)
  • With the item equipped, right-clicking on said farmable & respawnable resource highlights it with a red outline, meaning that the resource will no longer respawn
    • After harvesting, the red outline will remain where the resource is supposed to statically respawn and will be visible when the item is equipped
  • With the item equipped, left-clicking on said farmable & respawnable resource highlights it with a blue outline, meaning that the resource will now respawn normally
    • It doesn't make sense that weed killer would be reversable, but adding a secondary item to allow resources to respawn increases complexity and is not needed (in my opinion)

What "Weed Killer" will do for the game:

• Eliminate confusion (and misinformation) by having a single system to enable/disable resource spawning
  • Allow players to disable the spawning of resources that interfere with base building
  • Probably other stuff

What needs to be addressed with the addition of "Weed Killer":

• The current respawning system needs to be made static across all farmable & respawnable resources
    • Meaning that all resources respawn regardless of whether their stumps are harvested, etc. UNTIL the player physically disables their respawns with "Weed Killer."

The name and functionality of my suggested item is up for discussion, but I believe the idea to be relatively sound no matter the end result. Let me know your thoughts below!

Really not that complicated, a tool that toggles off and on resource spawning.

1) When you cut down the stump, the resource is gone forever. A lot of people do not know this. My tool allows for the resource to regrow even if the stump is cut down.

2) spamming foundations everywhere to block resource spawns is asthetically unappealing and causes uneeded structure lag

• 1 month later...