Pet and their inventory disappeared

So I play on Xbox and had a pet gnat with whom I stored some valuable items on. The gnat has disappeared. I tried loading earlier auto saves and found nothing. They aren’t even in the pet house anymore. They can’t die because I have invincible pets enabled. I tried scanning for gnat fuzz and raw gnat and proceeded to check every red square on the map to see if they had the lil fire ant helm and nothing. The only other thing I read was a pet leaving when unhappy. If that’s the case what happens to my items? Can I recover them? I had some trinkets you can only get once. If they’re lost forever I can’t bring myself to start over.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Was this ever answered? I have the same issue but have not seen my pet since. It seems that right when I placed the inventory items in, ran back to base, then the pet disappeared and was no longer linked to the pet house. I checked the house link and made sure the pet was happy before I placed the items in the pet’s inventory and now it’s either roaming around (has a helmet on) or is just gone gone… how do I find him or how do I retrieve the inventory? 

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Hello guys Just wanted to update as of April 7 2024, this issue is still active as it just happened to me. I lost (fortunately I duped a spare) an intern badge and several high upgraded weapons, armor, and ant armor. Pretty bummed and I believe this needs an pet inventory recovery feature in the debug menu. Even if the pet dies or abandons offscreen, the lost inventory was priceless

-Hello

I'm sorry to hear that you all have run into a similar issue with your pet and their inventories. I know that there are some changes coming to pets in the Super Yoked update that drops on April 16th. If you're still running into similar issues after the update is available, please feel free to submit a bug report. Once we have your report we will work with you one on one to provide our QA team with as much information as possible, so that hopefully a solution can be developed. 

Obsidian Support

Thanks, and sorry for the frustration that this pet issue has most likely caused!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This bug persists in the Super Yoked update. My Baby Red Ant, carrying several unique items, has disappeared permanently and the recover lost pets debug has no affect. I've spent hours trying to fix this and am honestly going to need to take a break from the game, or just blitz to New Game + for a chance to get another one. If there is a way to recover lost pets besides the debug option in the menu, please let me know.

Having a similar issue. Lost my red ant pet in the undershed and recover lost pet doesn't seem to be working. 

Any tips on how to get it back or get another would certainly be appreciated. Absolutely loving the game overall. This is honestly the first issue I encountered after 85 hours of playtime.