Ease of play fixes

Here are some things I’ve noticed that would make the game smoother

1. player character location indicators (where other players are located in game) and player character marked locations (locations marked by other players) need to be different colors or symbols to indicate the difference between the player and the players marked location. 

Ive ran across map so many times to find out I’m running towards a marker instead of another player. 

2. hold button presses for different functions. 

attacking- held button instead of repetition of presses during battle. Players stops attacking upon button release or stamina drain/critical hit on player

depositing- when depositing stems or planks onto storage should have deposit all button press

Baking/grinding/spinning- there is a take all function but not a craft all function. 

3. When using cooked food in hot bar use oldest/closest to spoiling food first. 

when using food on a hot bar it doesn’t automatically eat the oldest food first. With food being the best health option during battle you don’t want to eat your fresh food first when using the hot bar function. 

I find myself quickly going to the whole inventory to choose the oldest food first during combat. Not efficient during a large battle like the black widows

4. Floating raisin Wendell needs to be able to move through players.

he has knocked me off of tall heights when following. Remove collision with players to prevent accidental death from tall heights. 

that’s all I got for now

25+ years of gaming and 5+ years of game design you start to notice things 😉

• Like 1

I would add:

1. if you're carrying a weed or grass holder and the attack score starts playing, no instant "back to where it was last laid down" happening.  The creature must hit you first. There is usually a small window of time when you can place the cart down before the fight actually begins. And most times the critter cannot even reach you or are not close enough to attack. Such a waist of time going all the way back....even when you've placed it down periodically...it's still time consuming and unnecessary.

2: Also, if you are about to be attacked and are carrying an arm load to stems/grass planks...could we please have a drop all button. Unloading one stem at a time usually results in a 'first attack' by the critter. If they can knock all the stems out of your arms in one blow....why can't Willow throw everything down in one drop?  Just a thought. 🙄

Edited by LadyBugWins

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2022 at 1:48 PM, LadyBugWins said:

2: Also, if you are about to be attacked and are carrying an arm load to stems/grass planks...could we please have a drop all button. Unloading one stem at a time usually results in a 'first attack' by the critter. If they can knock all the stems out of your arms in one blow....why can't Willow throw everything down in one drop?  Just a thought. 🙄

If you huck the planks, they all fall and you can deal damage

• Thanks 1