Arcane Blaster’s Imbued Ammunition - is it actually really good?

I never used it before because I thought the Imbued Ammunition was as it's displayed: 8-12 dmg plus some bonuses, however it seems that's more like an ability and gets all kinds of bonus to acc, pen and damage (from MIG a second time, and even from being Legendary). On PL8 I got +2.25PEN and +18ACC, totally cancelling out -15ACC from pistol modal. Total damage is comparable to a normal pistol but damage type is vastly superior, and with higher PEN. Benefiting from MIG twice and multiplicatively means it would be crazy for Helwalkers?

• Like 4

It profits from all dmg bonuses that your normal weapon attacks do (Sneak Attack, Weapon Quality and so on) and it can raise the dmg output considerably. If you mix Rushed Reload (and maybe some other speed bonuses) with One Handed Style and the Imbued Ammunition modal the speed is still good while the ACC stays good, too. My preferred pistol with one-handed pistol builds. Also because of Imbued Ammunition.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 year later...

Necro myself to say some of OP is wrong

the "base" damage of the corrode/crushing attack is affected by PL and not MIG, so it's more like 12-18 at max level. Other bonuses that weapon damage normally gets are applied multiplicatively on top of it.

IA don't graze or crit. If the weapon attack is at least graze then IA is always a normal hit.

Adding up the 5-7 weapon attack it's effectively 17-25 dmg, and loses very little when grazes. When used for dual wielding or 1H + Rushed Reload, the damage and speed is very comparable to melee 2H weapons with the superiority of reloading instead of recovery. The damage is also higher than standard 2H ranged weapons and reloads faster. All things considered it's simply one of the best ranged weapons out there, especially useful when enemies have high defenses.

• Like 1