missing dlc LAX4 error when transferring MacPlay save file to Steam version

oli_stayalive

Question

I hope there are still developers reading this -- I have been trying to transfer my MacPlay save to the Steam version, but it refuse to load the save and says it's missing dlc LAX4. I'm wondering if there is anything you can do with my save file to make it accessible? If you can, how should I send you my save file? Thank you! 

3 answers to this question

hi, no developers here, but:

when you say "MacPlay" I have no idea what that refers to. Is that possibly the company that ported Pillars of Eternity (and not Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire)

Because I just want to make sure you are talking about the correct games and moving files between the correct systems. Deadfire saves should be completely portable between different platforms, but that may not be the case for Pillars of Eternity 1.

7 hours ago, thelee said:

hi, no developers here, but:

when you say "MacPlay" I have no idea what that refers to. Is that possibly the company that ported Pillars of Eternity (and not Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire)

Because I just want to make sure you are talking about the correct games and moving files between the correct systems. Deadfire saves should be completely portable between different platforms, but that may not be the case for Pillars of Eternity 1.

Hi — MacPlay is the version you download from App store on MacBook. It SHOULD be portable between platforms but I do see people encountering similar problems, which might be caused by different versions of the Forgotten Sanctum DLC, but I do not have the skillset to solve the problem. But still, thanks for your reply! 

13 hours ago, oli_stayalive said:

Hi — MacPlay is the version you download from App store on MacBook. It SHOULD be portable between platforms but I do see people encountering similar problems, which might be caused by different versions of the Forgotten Sanctum DLC, but I do not have the skillset to solve the problem. But still, thanks for your reply! 

ah sorry I completely was unaware that there was a version on the mac app store, i only thought about steam and GoG.

is it a one-way breakage? are you able to take a steam save and use it in the macplay version? just trying to figure out if there's some clue on how to fix the save incompatibility. sorry you're running into this, that sucks.