My feedback on 0.13

Hello everybody!

After testing on 0.13, here are considerations from my point of view that need tweaking:

ARMOR ENHANCEMENT
For me there was no clear sense of progression in this regard. Perhaps this sentiment was overshadowed by the damage balances the creatures also received. As for cost, the amount of 184 Grub Hide involved to raise a single piece to level 9 seems overkill.

INSECT INVASION
I like the idea, however it may need to be balanced. In my tests the attacks were very frequent. Damage applied to structures also seems to be very high (My walls are mushroom blocks). I could be wrong, but I realized that when attacking a wall, the insect is also capable of damaging structures that are located behind that wall, such as chests, benches, etc - in addition to causing proportional damage to nearby walls. It took me only 3-4 minutes to finish off all the insects from the attack, however, it took me a full day lived to be able to repair all the walls and structures damaged in the attack. I think players who are attached to their builds are going to get quite annoyed.

Perhaps the random attack system could be replaced with a progress bar that actively fills as you eliminate the bugs from the backyard. Upon reaching 100% of the bar, you receive a warning of an impending attack, the location (one of your bases) of the attack and the type of the insect. Then a countdown starts with enough time for you to get to the location as well as prepare. At the end of the countdown, the attack starts. A similar system occurs in the game Conan Exiles, which allows for better management of the invasion and makes it much more fun.

COAL CANTEL
For sure this was an addition to the game that I had been waiting for a long time. However, the item's durability is very low. So the frequent repair makes the use totally unfeasible.

He's right GRUB HIDE is a bit much, can you give us Insect leather instead of forcing THAT particular bug? (Or ok, don't add a new item this late in the game just let us throw insect parts of any variety into the grinder and get leather scraps, easy, that would even let us trigger payback events more frequently and lead to a better gameplay loop while we farm) Many of the same bugs drop acid glands and I'm easily sitting on 230 of those by accident, why shouldn't the first level be this easily accessible. Quartzite for the weapon can be found everywhere so should level 1 upgrade. Berry and pupae I'm fine with the costs of since you can exponentially speed up quantity for time with enough buildings.

Also he's right about the canteen, if you want to add durability for it that's fine, go ahead, can you make that durability only trigger on picking up dirty water and NOT Dew Juice Soda. Breaking the canteen filter shouldn't remove its functionality either, if the filter doesn't work the container still does.

• Like 1

I agree with the insect invasion. I spent more time repairing my base and having to create many more spike traps & had to turn off the invasions until I was ready for more attacks. 

With invasions, I'd also like to see more rewards. Perhaps some sort of help with repairs? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Johnny Wirick said:

the charcoal canteen has durability? hard pass on that then. having plenty of dew catchers and two canteen+ is good enough and i don't have to bother fixing them.

Basically, it's a nice utility for establishing a water source but it degrades as you fill it with drops and an increased capacity to 5. Could be amazing if canteen+ wasn't 4 already and most people are water sustainable quickly.

Yeah I like the concept of insect invasions but it really needs tweaking. I get no kind of marker or any sign of what direction the enemy is coming from. (I make huge compounds for bases so its a lot of ground to search). By the time I've located some of the insects, my walls are down and the attack is over. I've yet to successfully fend off an attack, and I never saw the option to switch the attacks off. On a side note, did anyone ever see or find out how to rename chests? I haven't seen any prompt to do it.

The random bee attacks (completely unprovoked) on my base are a headache. They do major damage and I built some really nice resort-like bases that are difficult to defend and repair so regularly. I end up reverting to an old save and sleeping to skip the whole ordeal. 

On 5/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, Yaycub said:

Basically, it's a nice utility for establishing a water source but it degrades as you fill it with drops and an increased capacity to 5. Could be amazing if canteen+ wasn't 4 already and most people are water sustainable quickly.

The charcoal one sounds like it will be my emergency back up canteen lol.