Guest player not able to craft, pickup items after fighting

I was hosting a custom game from my PC (Microsoft version Grounded) and my friend was playing from Steam version Grounded. We played great for a few days and yesterday it was going fine except my friend was mentioning issues like the stamina bar  or hunger bar would not fill up after resting or eating, so we continued on playing, Then we went into the Ant hill and was fighting the whole nest at once and fought through it and survived. Then my friend said he couldn't pick up ant parts even though his backpack wasn't full. we continued through the ant hill retrieved the quest item for the robot and it did show up on his screen that it was received as the status changed to return to the Robot. Along the way back to our camp although the bars aren't restoring for his character he tried to use the analyzer on some of the items he already had in his backpack prior to the ant hill confrontation didnt allow him to use it. He noticed that when he was near objects like the analyzer, workbench, items on ground, other crafting stations it wasn't prompting him to use it like pressing E to use, He was able to use current weapons he currently had to fight with and was able to change current armor or weapons. I was using a controller and he was using keyboard and mouse. I wasn't affected in any way like he was. So I saved and restarted hosting and it was still the same issue with him not me. We tried this about  three times and not fixed.  I uninstalled the game and still the same with him. He then reinstalled his game and still the same issue. I started a new game and it worked fine for him with no issues.  We lost hours of game play together on this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

-Hello David

I'm sorry that you and your friend experienced these various issues while playing together. If you haven't already, I recommend that both of you submit a support request where we can work with you to gather all the necessary information to investigate the issue. 

Please include the following information:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Description of issue.
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience these issues have caused.

Thanks, and have a great day!

• 4 months later...

I have this exact same situation happening. I am hosting from Steam, my friend is joined from Xbox One X. There were two other players in the game that did not have this problem that were also playing from an Xbox. He also has a big red box around his hunger bar. He can't eat, pick up items, or interact with stuff.

16 hours ago, Yeast_Beast said:

I have this exact same situation happening. I am hosting from Steam, my friend is joined from Xbox One X. There were two other players in the game that did not have this problem that were also playing from an Xbox. He also has a big red box around his hunger bar. He can't eat, pick up items, or interact with stuff.

UPDATE! We worked it out. The exact moment we left the black ant hill, the situation resolved itself.