Item durability

Currently armor loses durability when you are attacked and your tools/weapons lose durability when you hit/attack things. This makes perfect sense however when you die your armor and currently held tools lose a bonus chunk of durability. This means if you drown while holding a sword and shield and wearing armor they will break. If you starve to death your tools and armor loose durability. This on top of regular durability drain makes the game feel like you are constantly seeking out the same materials to fix your equipment rather than getting to look for resources to make more advance tools.

Before, if you died, you would respawn with nothing. Maybe they can make it so that it won’t take damage if you die from thirst, but that would maybe be hard to implement into the code. Also, higher tier stuff don’t really take a lot of damage if you respawn. Maybe though I am not understanding what your problem is, in which case I apologize; I don’t really die with stuff on me, unless a bug in the Upper Yard kill me.

Thats understandable if its tier related. Currently I am using tier 1/2 stuff. Spider armor Koi armor which perhaps are designed to break very fast. I think losing durability from drowning/thirst/hunger should be removed/looked at. But even when it comes to dying to an enemy the mechanic just doesnt quite make sense to me.. You've already lost durabilty from them biting you leading to your death but is the idea that they also take bite of your armor and currently equipped tools after you have died just to spite you?