My Grounded Wish List: Some Good QoL Improvements for the Game.

* Option to turn off Depth Of Field.
For those unclear about the term, Depth of Field is the effect where distant objects look like blurry gray blobs until you look directly at them for a few seconds, at which point they come into focus. This is not how human eyeballs work. It IS how video cameras work, which I'm sure is why so many games do it - because game developers secretly wish they were Hollywood film makers. However, any coolness or cinematicalness it may add is greatly overshadowed by how distracting and disorienting it is. Let us turn it off, please.

* Option to swap characters without dying first.
I'm sure someone will point out that there's technically no need to ever switch characters, since they don't have unique skillsets or anything. But if you do want to, for whatever reason, you shouldn't need to kill yourself first. (And no, having the "Give Up" option to insta-die is not a good solution.) It wouldn't be difficult at all to do this - you could easily add this functionality to sleeping spots, or to the pause menu.

* Improved Mutations Text
The descriptions for the mutations are funny, and it does technically tell you what they do... in that there is a little icon nearby which you can then scroll 5 tabs over to the glossary to look up what it means... this is entirely too clunky. I shouldn't have to go through 5 tabs then scroll through a wall of text to look up what my abilities do. You should just tell me.

This point actually goes for armor abilities and set bonuses too, now that I think about it.

Also, it would be cool if mutations that were still locked would give hints on how to unlock them.

* Koi Scale Armor should also give underwater effects.
The helmet is already clearly modeled similar to the Bubble Helmet, as if it should hold an air bubble too. You make it entirely out of underwater parts. You're required to have the Bubble Helmet and Fin Flops already to get the parts for it. Why not just make it an upgrade to those items?

Yes, it would make the Bubble Helmet and Fin Flops obsolete. ...and? No, really. And? This is how games work. Getting better equipment makes inferior equipment obsolete. In the same way that you will never touch Acorn Armor again once you get Ladybug Armor, or for that matter never use the Gill Tube again once you have the Bubble Helmet, there is no reason to not just let the Koi Scale Armor set be a straight upgrade to the Bubble Helmet and Fin Flops.

* Change Literally Everything About Enemy Aggro
Some enemies (read: bees and mosquitos) heatseek onto you from across the map and then never lose aggro even after you've spent literally a full minute running from them. Other enemies break off first chance they get to go full heal and there's no way to stop them. Neither of these belongs in a good game.

* Give Difficulty Options
I'm sure there are players who enjoy playing the Dark Souls of survival building games. I say I'm sure of this because I've heard players say so. I'm not one of them, though, and I think neither are most other people. This game is already insane and keeps getting harder with every new update nerfing the player and buffing enemies. We should have options so players who think it's fun to just die their way through the game can do so, while those of us who want to build and explore and actually have fun can do that.

* Also, Make Ranged Combat Viable
Bows do basically no damage, and throwing your melee weapon is never a good idea. And sniping enemies just makes them run away and instantly full heal. The developers obviously think I'm supposed to fight a venomous spider 3 times my size in honorable combat with a loincloth and a stick. Why would I do this? Let me use a bow and make it worthwhile. If not, then why even put bows in the game?

Your vows don't do damage? I know you don't mean null but sounds like something's wrong for you. What difficulty are you playing on. What combinations are you using as in bow and what arrow.

Once I get the crossbow the game turns into a cakewalk. Granted I have the arrow skill maxed, and use 3 arrows crow, poison and basic(for food or utility)

If I am fighting uppity mobs I make little walls from mushbrix. The worse thing I see is that the arrows will dislodge and go flying meaning a pain of losing resources but that's the worse

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

10 hours ago, ScritchOwl said:

Your vows don't do damage? I know you don't mean null but sounds like something's wrong for you. What difficulty are you playing on. What combinations are you using as in bow and what arrow.

Once I get the crossbow the game turns into a cakewalk. Granted I have the arrow skill maxed, and use 3 arrows crow, poison and basic(for food or utility)

If I am fighting uppity mobs I make little walls from mushbrix. The worse thing I see is that the arrows will dislodge and go flying meaning a pain of losing resources but that's the worse

Funny enough, I started playing at the time when the game was actually balanced. Now that it's ridiculous and you need to play on Mild, you can't change it. Oddly enough, there apparently USED to be a way to change difficulty by loading up your singleplayer game in multiplayer, but they removed it, because apparently this completely normal game option that literally every other game ever made has was just a glitch.

These developers seem very actively dedicated to making a bad game for some reason.