Review - Eder as a Streetfigher/Blackjacket Swashbuckler

Note: I had the community patch and balance polish mod installed (in case that affects some of the interactions of abilities... in this case it definitely did 🤣)

I modded Eder into these subclasses.  I read on numerous occasions that this combo was good and was excited to give it a try.  The idea is to use blunderbusses with their modal to give yourself flanked and thus benefit from the streetfighter traits (faster recovery and bonuses to Sneak Attack).  Blackjacket allows you to quickly switch blunders in and out as needed to apply the debuff and then switch back to another main weapon. However, the patches I used changed the blunderbuss modal to no longer give flanked which... sort of threw a monkey wrench into this build.  Not needing to switch back and forth to blunders means Blackjacket isn't really bringing much to the build anymore while not having an easy way to give yourself flanked makes it harder to gain the Streetfighter bonuses.  I thought about using sparkcrackers on myself to trigger flanked but Eder's accuracy with the bombs was apparently too low compared to his defenses to hit himself.  Not sure if maybe there was another easy way to purposely get him flanked.

In any case, I ended up adapting and just sending Eder into the mix to purposely get flanked the old fashioned, albeit more dangerous, way.  In good news, this tactic often caused the second component of Streetfighter to trigger (crit damage from being bloodied 😅).  And I still made use of the blackjacket trait of fast weapon switching to rotate Strike the Bell debuffs.  With the mods I use each weapon type (1H, 2H or ranged) applies a -25 will/fortitude/reflex debuff and being able to quickly switch between them came in handy on bosses.

So I failed in the intended way to play this build but Eder managed to still be a useful member of the squad.  Unfortunately, this means I don't have much to provide in terms of insight into how this build would normally work.  So this post will have to act as a heads up to anyone thinking of trying this using the same patches.
  • Like 1