Thanks to @Powerotti for the template.

The Boomer is named as such because he hits enemies so hard they literally explode. The combination of an extremely high crit chance with tons of crit and damage multipliers will make most of your hits crit, and finishing enemies with Barbaric Smash will pretty much guarantee a crit (150~200 damage each blow) making enemies go boom. So you better like seeing the kill cam trigger, because you will be seeing it a lot.

After my first playthrough I tried this one again but with more optimized stats and Berath's Blessings, and even not using the most minmax character possible, because I was playing an Aumaua to continue my PoE1 story, this build is by far the strongest one I tried. It got so strong in fact that I was unable to play other DPS character because they felt underwhelming in comparison.

It is very simple to play: Open fights with Rakhan boots in such a way that you get in the middle of the enemies to get flanked, then use crippling strike and finish with Smash. Very few enemies in the game can survive this and after downing a few enemies the rest will have taken enough Carnage damage so that you can finish them off right away with Smash. All of your Barbarian resources are pretty much to reactivate Frenzy.

When flanked, always activate weapon modals that increase damage, it'll barely reduce your attack speed. This is specially strong with Axes.

This build on later levels has very high survivability as a combination of around 700 HP (With Berath's Bless), AR of 16 with Pallegina using Aura + Shining Bulwark, healing every time you down an enemy or crit and damage reduction. Very high HP means that when you get bloodied, you will be bloodied for a long time before needing to heal. Extremely high PEN too, because of Frenzy + Crits.

Difficulty: PotD v. 5.0

Solo: No - low deflection and healing that depends on crits make it too dangerous. Also, self-inflicting damage.

Class: Berserker/Streetfighter

Race: Human or Orlan

Background: Deadfire Archipelago or White that Wends

Party: Herald Pallegina, Scout Maia, Wizard Aloth and Priest Xoti.

Import from PoE1: Gift from the Machine + Sacrifice Devil of Caroc

Attributes:

Might - 11 (10 if Orlan)

Constitution - 18 base

Dexterity - 18 base

Perception - 18 base 

Intellect - 10 base

Resolve - 4 base

Equipment:

HeadThaos' Headdress - Combo with Persistent Distraction

BackChampion's Cape - Import a character to get it or ask someone for a save

Neck: Precognition or Charm of Bones 

Armor: Devil of Caroc Breastplate -  Enchant with Devil's due and Mechanical Mind

Waist: The Undying Burden

Hands: Hylea's Talons - More damage, why not?

Rings: Ring of Prosperity's Fortune and Voidward - Crits and protection against Frenzy

Boots: Rakhan Field Boots  -  Per encounter ability that works as teleport + full attack + AoE debuff

Pet: Abraham 

Weapon:  Modwyr + Magran's Favor - +40% attack speed, 20% lash on each, DoT, per encounter ability and immunity to confused. Also, always keep Half-Sword on, since your deflection sucks anyway, for permanent +2 PEN. Switch to Grave Calling or Stalker's Patience when fighting vessels or enemies with low piercing defense.

Food: Captain's Banquet or Mohorā Wraps

Prostitute bonus: Konstanten

Abilities:

Barbarian: Thick skinned, Blood Storm, Bloodlust, Bloody slaughter, Blooded, Barbaric Smash, Interrupting blows, Unflinching, Blood Thirst, Brute Force. 

- The only downside here is not using One Stands Alone, since you want to get Flanked as much as possible, so the fewer enemies needed the better.

Rogue: Escape, Crippling Strike, Confounding Blind, Dirty fighting, Devastating Blow, Persistent Distraction, Deep Wounds, Deathblows.

- Confounding Blind is used against bosses and enemies with very high deflection. Crippling Strike is enough against the rest.

Other: Two Weapon style, Improved critical, Uncanny Luck, Tough.

Edited by danielbda
  • Like 3