Im going to be running a berserker/enchanter. I thought about a bloodmage but it just seems way too cheesy for me, especially for a 5 party member run.

Im thinking of going 

16 M

12 Con 

10 dex (due to alacrity of motion)

16 per (PotD + eldritch aim being absolutely awful in this game)

12  int (due to enchanter already increasing duration time of buffs)

12 resolve

Questions I have in particular are:

1. How should I handle resolve and Con. Should I drop both to 10? Barbarian has high con growth but that is offset by wizard a bit. I know resolve is much stronger in PoE2 than PoE1, but wizard has a lot of innate defenses already.

2. Should I raise int solely for carnage? Also do weapons that attack in a cone / naturally have AoE have any interactions with carnage? For example the whispers of the broken blade greatsword.

3. Should I go all out on might? Are there any early draining weapons that I can get? I could run parasitic staff but I'm not sure ATM

4. Am I tanking dex too much?

I'd be glad to help you shape a Warlock but I'm curious why you went for Enchanter - guessing it's for the Wizard buffs? You'll lose out on critical Illusion spells (important to pad out your low Deflection) as well as Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon (Transmutation), which is one of the best life drain effects in the game. IMO, Enchanter's +2PL bonus is wasted because it's (mostly) just going to extend durations: effectively, a small portion of what PL bonuses could bring to a more varied subclass.

16 M

12 Con 

10 dex (due to alacrity of motion)

16 per (PotD + eldritch aim being absolutely awful in this game)

12  int (due to enchanter already increasing duration time of buffs)

12 resolve

Questions I have in particular are:

1. How should I handle resolve and Con. Should I drop both to 10? Barbarian has high con growth but that is offset by wizard a bit. I know resolve is much stronger in PoE2 than PoE1, but wizard has a lot of innate defenses already.

MIG: The self-damage from Berserker's Frenzy scales with MIG and PL so consider dropping it a couple points - I usually go for 14. Mind Frenzy will grant you +5.

CON: I would raise this by a few points (see self-damage above). Also remember you'll get +5 from Frenzy.

DEX: I usually go for around 14 DEX and stack Frenzy with Fleet Feet. DAoM's bonus to Action Speed will not stack with Frenzy's and deals damage over time - could have some niche uses in lowering your health to meet certain thresholds, but a bit gimmicky.

PER: Should be alright. As you said, Eldritch Aim is meh so I'd recommend bringing a Priest with Dire Blessing.

INT: Consider bumping it a bit if you can. You can always cast Infuse with Vital Essence for +5 in combat (though you'll need a second source of Confused immunity).

RES: I would drop this to 10.

2. Should I raise int solely for carnage? Also do weapons that attack in a cone / naturally have AoE have any interactions with carnage? For example the whispers of the broken blade greatsword.

It's been a while since I've used one of those weapons, but I think Carnage only triggers off the initial target. Still, an AoE weapon works well with both Frenzy branches for bleeds or Staggered. INT increases to Carnage aren't super noticeable but it's not something you want to neglect, either: Carnage rocks at triggering stuff like Combusting Wounds, The Shield Cracks, and Recall Agony.

3. Should I go all out on might? Are there any early draining weapons that I can get? I could run parasitic staff but I'm not sure ATM

As mentioned above, I'd set base MIG to no more than 14 due to increases in self-damage. The Parasitic Staff is a decent summoned weapon, but it's been toned down since Pillars 1. Since you're playing in a group, you don't need to worry so much about life draining: have a friendly Druid or Priest slap down an AoE regen field and go to town. For added healing, invest points in Athletics and consider Savage Defiance.

4. Am I tanking dex too much?

I think 10 Dex (+5 from Fleet Feet) would work fine. Once you unlock Blood Thirst and Bloodlust, Dex doesn't matter as much.

Edit: Oh duh. I'm so used to using BB bonus attributes I think I goofed a bit on that section. Still, that should give an idea on how they work with a Warlock.

Edited by Ophiuchus
  • Like 1