I wonder Wizard/Priest(bloodmage/skaen's) POTD solo play

3 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Yep, but for other fights, including Megabosses, summon can contribute significantly.

I remember sending my Nalzpaca tanking one of Hauni first split while the rest of my party took out the other half.

My Nalzpaca stayed in a corner and summoned the Twins.

When the party had finished the first pack of ooze, I realied that the repeated cast of the twins took half of the HP of the Gigantic Ooze by themselves. I wouldn't say that's super good but that was fairly significant, especially for an ability used mainly for tanking.

Dorudugan is a special case because it's only weak vs Crush and Shock damages and I think all summons with these types of damages don't have scaling weapons. I think a Wizard's clone with Essence Interrupter can still add up a significant percentage to damages done.

Yes, but I already said that summons are very useful, we totally agree on that point. 😛

That's why this discussion is out of context. 😛

In the other thread it was about whether bg or poe summons are better and my (maybe poorly worded) point was:

The high end summons in BG can keep up or even outshine traditional builds in dmg output. (ofc that game also has a lot of juicy cheese :P)

Compared to how good summons are in that game (not the best but much closer to the best than in Poe) the Poe ones would already feel weak even if they scaled properly.

But the whole point of the thread was:

Not all summons even scale properly in Poe which makes it even worse.

• Like 2