Nevermind! Adding new Global Variables does not cause periodical stutter!

Nexusmods user SirDun recently noticed that one of my mods caused the game to stutter: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/481?tab=posts
In the latest update, I had added a game.globalvariablesbundle file with a single new variable to the mod.

Apparently, this is what caused the game to periodically stutter. It's very noticable and happens every 13 seconds at 60fps, with even shorter intervals on higher framerates.

It is luckily very unusual that mods actually implement new variables, but I remember it having been discussed here before.
Nevertheless, I want to warn everyone that adding new global variables should be avoided entirely.

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

That's unfortunate, I noticed there is a closing square bracket missing in the file that flags up an error in the output_log, it's unlikely but could that be in someway what is causing the stuttering?

• Confused 1
31 minutes ago, Kvellen said:

That's unfortunate, I noticed there is a closing square bracket missing in the file that flags up an error in the output_log, it's unlikely but could that be in someway what is causing the stuttering?

Wait, seriously? I'm an absolute idiot.

• Like 1
  • Noqn changed the title to Nevermind! Adding new Global Variables does not cause periodical stutter!

In all fairness, I first noticed the error message in the log a few days ago, but couldn't determine what the cause of it might be and from a cursory glace assumed everything looked to be working.

• Like 1