My experience with Genshin Impact

Melusina

So, my experience with Genshin Impact has been rather positive, but so positive I decided to burn money into it, which I usually never do in multiplayer/online service games.

Genshin is a weird beast. It's singleplayer, it's free to play and it's a gatcha game. Gatcha games relies on luck and rolls with "wishes" or currency to obtain new characters. Although rates where you can get 5* characters are pretty low, you can basically farm wishes in daily tasks and there is pity system, both of which is lacking in most of other gatchas.

Now, how is gameplay?

Gameplay is action game with pretty unique twist on party mechanics, you basically apply elemental reactions on surrounding area/monsters that persist to apply another element to same place with different character.  It's big elemental game. Combat is pretty much fast paced, bit easy, but very much fun.

Graphics are anime like, and I would say they are well done... and so is the music.

When I started this game I couldn't believe I would play this so persistently, but I did. I feel like my worries from before this game launched weren't that justified.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Melusina said:

So, my experience with Genshin Impact has been rather positive, but so positive I decided to burn money into it, which I usually never do in multiplayer/online service games.

Genshin is a weird beast. It's singleplayer, it's free to play and it's a gatcha game. Gatcha games relies on luck and rolls with "wishes" or currency to obtain new characters. Although rates where you can get 5* characters are pretty low, you can basically farm wishes in daily tasks and there is pity system, both of which is lacking in most of other gatchas.

Now, how is gameplay?

Gameplay is action game with pretty unique twist on party mechanics, you basically apply elemental reactions on surrounding area/monsters that persist to apply another element to same place with different character.  It's big elemental game. Combat is pretty much fast paced, bit easy, but very much fun.

Graphics are anime like, and I would say they are well done... and so is the music.

When I started this game I couldn't believe I would play this so persistently, but I did. I feel like my worries from before this game launched weren't that justified.

Thanks for the feedback, what would you rate it overall out  of 100 ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 9 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 10:42 AM, oliver07 said:

Genshin impact was given on sale in epic games 2 months age i grabbed the offer and started playing then and it was really cool game. Genshin has its flaws, but it also has a lot to offer. Hours of fun, stunning art design, and a steady flow of new content all for the low, low price of zero dollars. Provided you can resist the allure of the gacha, there's no downside to giving Genshin Impact a try.

It also has zero ads plastered in front of playing screen, it has decency to be subtle and add non intrusive notice panel that doesn't bother anyone.