Portfolio

Magena

I've noticed that some places request a portfolio when you apply, and for school, I need to be working on one.

what I'm wondering though is what is the typical set up of a portfolio for the industry? or is there pretty much a "whatever you want" type of standard?

Hi Magena :lol:

For what sort of work are you looking? See, it really depends on the position.

I add some general design tips:

Online portolios usually tend to work best to give people an idea of your skills, and an introduction to you, as would a clever printed piece of self promotion.

A physical portfolio usually works best for interviews.

Although in both cases, it's a good idea to present finished work, it would also be a good idea to save at least one example of thumbnails in case a prospective client/employer wishes to see a sample your development process.

In this case, it is hard copy.

I hadn't thought about having thumbnails as part of it, but that does make sense. luckily I think I know where most are. :)

I need to have a portfolio together for a program that I am in (I present next friday) and still have no idea what I'm doing for this/that.

so much stress. This is especially true, since some of the pieces that would go in are in the county fair right now (which opens next weekend)... so those items are missing.