Jump to content
  • 0

Marux Amanth levelling gone wrong on second game


Daerkhyel

Question

Greetings!

So as the title says, I've got the famed bug on my second playthrough, although my first character could level it quite nicely.

I would like to add that before writing this post, I had already tried some of the most common solutions as follows:

unequip ----> save ---> reload -----> equip

unequip ----> save ----> completely close the game and GOG ------> reopen ---> load ------> equip

unbind ----> unequip ----> save ----> completely close the game and GOG ------> reopen ---> load ------> equip ----> rebind

In multiple instances of this I have also tried restarting the computer before loading, clicking continue instead of load and severing the binding before of after loading.

As it seems, none of these tentative solutions have taken any effect on this playthrough.

Any insight on this would be much appreciated seems nothing seems to work for this second game.

 

Many thanks indeed in advance

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I know this is a dumb question, but you're definitely sure you're doing fire damage? I had some issues where I thought the bug wasn't going away, but it turned out the source of fire damage I was relying on (maybe it was Cinder bombs?) wasn't actually counting towards it, but other fire damage that I tried did.

 

Failing that, if you've tried the unbind->unequip->save->exit->reopen->load->rebind path, I'm not sure what else you can do. At this point I suggest console commands. IF you're worried about achievements, there might be a mod that keeps achievements enabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, thelee said:

I know this is a dumb question, but you're definitely sure you're doing fire damage? I had some issues where I thought the bug wasn't going away, but it turned out the source of fire damage I was relying on (maybe it was Cinder bombs?) wasn't actually counting towards it, but other fire damage that I tried did.

 

Failing that, if you've tried the unbind->unequip->save->exit->reopen->load->rebind path, I'm not sure what else you can do. At this point I suggest console commands. IF you're worried about achievements, there might be a mod that keeps achievements enabled.

I would say that shining beacon (from Xoti) deals fire damage, aside from the dagger's own damage source too (which is also not being counted, it it stuck at 0). In my previous playthrough I levelled it up with shining beacon too, so it would be strange that now it is not adding it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Damage over time does not work. Shining Beacon, Cleansing Flame, Holy Radiance vs vessels etc. all do not work. Try Divine Mark or Pillar of Holy Fire.

Oh I would swear shining beacon worked just well in my first character, I must have been mistaken.

Actually, I forfeited trying Pillar since it supposedly deals Crush damage and  not Burn damage (which I find quite weird), but might as well give it a shot indeed.

Many thanks to all of you! I will try other spells like Pillar and Divine Mark and see if it counts towards it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
13 hours ago, Daerkhyel said:

Actually, I forfeited trying Pillar since it supposedly deals Crush damage and  not Burn damage (which I find quite weird), but might as well give it a shot indeed.

no, not Pillar of Faith (which does crush and is at tier two), but Pillar of Holy Fire (which does fire and is at tier six)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 hours ago, thelee said:

no, not Pillar of Faith (which does crush and is at tier two), but Pillar of Holy Fire (which does fire and is at tier six)

Oh I see! My second game Xoti is not so highly levelled but I have been trying with Divine Mark and doing the reequip trick and it is now picking up the stacks well enough.

I would like to give thanks to everybody that has helped me here or just plainly given info about the issue.

Many thanks to all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...