Summon weapons totally broken?

Don't get me wrong I love this game. Since COVID I went on a marathon playing isometric RPGs. Baldur's Gate 1-2, Planescape torment, icewind dale... completed them and became really good with RTwP.

I heard bad things about Pillars so I was hesitant to try it. I was surprised by how great it is but Poe2 REALLY blew me away.

Anyways, I play on PotD RtwP at a faster combat pace so it feels like Baldurs Gate. The game was challenging at spots but now I'm level 20 and it's dawned on me that my Chanter can endlessly spam weapons and they tank and deal more damage than my other characters. It's like I don't even need my main tanking anymore because the weapons do all the work. 

Each fight the chanter summons weapons, they surround the enemy and bring them into a tight little cluster, then my wizard does empowered rain of fire along with the priest's empowered rain of fire and the fight is over in seconds 

The tank -- which is my main hero who is literally invincible but does no damage -- can sit back and watch, without even participating in the fight. The summons do all the tanking.

I kind of wish they had toned the summons down because I'm leaning on it and it's made the combat rather trivial at level 20.

Edited by splicer777

If you haven't already you should try the DLCs, especially Seeker Slayer Survivor and Forgotten Sanctum. Lvl 20 in the main game is a bit roflstompish in any case, Animated Weapons or not. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

22 hours ago, splicer777 said:

The game was challenging at spots but now I'm level 20 and it's dawned on me that my Chanter can endlessly spam weapons and they tank and deal more damage than my other characters. It's like I don't even need my main tanking anymore because the weapons do all the work. 

chanter summons (especially weapons) are very good, it's one big cornerstone of what makes chanters A+ class for high-end high-difficulty challenges (e.g. megabosses). but like boeroer says, if you haven't tried DLC, you should, because base game doesn't scale up to level 20 challenge very well. if anything, you might be surprised a bit if you rely on this too much because some enemies in DLC will actually cast dismissal and abolish your weapons in one smash IIRC.