Randomized Quests

The game needs more quests .. and more recurrent quests ... 
but preferably NOT just a list of static quests that you see over and over ... 
I'd love to see a randomized quest generator ... like 

Simple Example
<Hunt/Collect> <X many> <Item/bug> for < X amount Science / Item Reward>

then the system fills in the variables ... Reward is delivered to a Cache Basin for you to Collect
obviously this is a very simple conceptualization that can easily be greatly altered in a huge variety of ways

Also .. the biggest thing this would bring to the game ...
Something to do for the more Goal Based players, who often find themselves lost in an Open World Game without structured Goals and things to work towards.

Because those players:
Killed a Spider ✅
Killed an Ant ✅
Found the Lab ✅
Built a House ✅
Finished the Current Story ✅

..... and will never be back again ...
Because they're Done ...
there's nothing else for them to do
The List is all ✅

To lure those players back ..... you need more 🔳
so that they can ✅

• Thanks 1

i like the idea of the randomized quests.  that would be cool to see put in the game.  

I don't think you're right about the goal based players though.  most people drawn to open world games like this do the goal based activities on the side, at least from my experience.  You'll always get some that just do the missions then get bored and move on, but the majority of the player base will be the open world aficionados, so to speak, and keep the game going.

Xbox One X

4 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

i like the idea of the randomized quests.  that would be cool to see put in the game.  

I don't think you're right about the goal based players though.  most people drawn to open world games like this do the goal based activities on the side, at least from my experience.  You'll always get some that just do the missions then get bored and move on, but the majority of the player base will be the open world aficionados, so to speak, and keep the game going.

I agree that most people are drawn to open world games because of their very nature, but my wife is an example of someone that doesn't like to play without a clearly defined goal. The quests have been the greatest motivation for her so far.

To that end, let's see more quests! Multiple step quests would be awesome too.

Edited by ReteroX
So far so far. Terrible grammar.
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 3:03 PM, ReteroX said:

I agree that most people are drawn to open world games because of their very nature, but my wife is an example of someone that doesn't like to play without a clearly defined goal. The quests have been the greatest motivation for her so far.

Yeah .... I have friends that love playing these games WITH me ....
they love seeing the things that I create and hanging out with me in-game
but they get REALLY bored when they run out of quests and things to do on their own
often to the point that I end up being their quest-giver ... 
(fill this container, kill those things ... etc)

but without new quests they just talk about how much fun we had .... then they go play a shooty game