Love the Update!

So stoked!  i got to play for a few minutes during my lunch break.  here's what i've found so far.

terrain changes - holy crap!  My base was built between the machine and the red Punch-O box.  what was flat ground there is now a couple ponds,  i'm going to have to relocate.  Lucky i hadn't built anything but plank walls and scaffolding yet, so no big deal there for me.

Trail Marker icons - we got a few new icons, which caused most of my existing icons to change as they shifted locations in the list.  my leaf icon i used for the oak tree became a water drop, my mustache icons i used for the various Burg-L mission markers were changed to spiders i believe.

New crafting items!! 😄  fences and Tables that i've noticed so far.  

New inventory icons - so so happy about these 😄  i loved the grub goo icon, and the others i saw made them easier to tell what they were.  spider gunk looks like a spider bit, instead of just like the acid glands.

Didn't find any bugs to fight in my short play time to check out combat changes.  however i did notice a disturbing rumbling noise coming from under the oak tree when i went to update the trail marker on the yard lamp there.  i ran down into the abandoned ant hill but didn't see anything there.

Oh and SCA.B upgrades are now much easier to see, they have a green glow around them.

collecting raw science has an audio cue now.  Kinda cool the first time or two but i can see how that will get really annoying.  Hopefully there's an option to turn that off?

Looks like i'm scraping the few plans i had tonight to spend my time checking out this new update!  besides we all work at home now so laundry and dishes can wait right?

Oh!  and armor is still taking up an inventory slot,  maybe next patch they'll get that one implemented.

What else have ya'll found that i missed?

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

Xbox One X

lmao I lost the whole ground floor to my 1st base! going to upload a pic later.  They added a bird at the bird fountain apparently you can kill it and gain crafting recipes.  If you found the small cave near the berries with the ant heads on pikes, there can be a recipe found there for ant totem heads.

Ah!  screenshots.  totally forgot to upload those with my post :) 

My base with the new water access 😄  took this shot standing on the corner of the Machine.  also forgot to mention all the grass that i had chopped down and removed the stumps grew back.  the stumps i left, as you can see, did not grow back.

100259692_Grounded2020-08-2612-21-16.png.033c2523ad5120ed62600c594d0c40ae.png

Xbox One X

2nd view taken from the opposite side of the base from the one above, standing on the steps to my door -

2094172751_Grounded2020-08-2612-22-24.jpg.7bcba4604e940552c93a52e2faa2b981.jpg

Also noticed looking at map screenshot, i lost a bunch of discovered places and labs.  oh well just means more exploring to see new changes 😄

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

Xbox One X

Wasn't until i stood on the roof of my old base pictured above that i realized the water front access i suddenly have is a large boot print :)  barely missed my base.  the water picture above this is the heel print of what looks like a hiking boot.

Xbox One X