Returning player in need of insight for trying PotD first tiem

So, I've tried the game at the release and got bored after a while, now i wanna give it another shot and since i remember playing it on hard difficulty but being a bit easier after a while, i wanna give path of the damned a try...

First of all, any general tip is appreciated...I've been thinking about using a guide as inpsiration but i didn't find anything updated to patch 5.0...the plan was to go with:

Eder as swashbuckler as main tank.(probably modding it somehow into an unbroken/trickster. Still can't wrap my head around the fact that they didn't make you choose companion subclasses...i know hurr durr lore, but  why Serafen could be a single class barb, pallegina a multi into chanter and such is beyond me...anyway...)

Xoti as single class priest

Maira Rua as ranger/rogue

Then i'm torn between Tekehu single class druid and Pallegina paladin/chanter (probably again modding her into troubadour). I remember not liking tekehu much (well, not that Pallegina is a lot better, but i found every character to be quite bland with the exception of ederbro anwyay...) but his skill seem quite handy, on the other hand paladin/chanter looks awesome as support.

With that in mind, I was thinking about going with MC as blood mage/streetfighter since they seem to synergize well i guess? From what i remember, staying in melee shouldn't be a problem with citzal lance +deflection bonus spell so the plan was using spear as much as possible and stay in melee range even when it expires and "abuse" sneak attacks

Now, how does that sound as party setup in general? I feel like Pallegina is probably a better choice and i wonder if i can just offtank with MC and use her as dps (with something like tidefall)/healer

Any general direction for talents/spells and such? As for stats, i was thinking about capping PER, dumping resolve, keeping low might and then CON>DEX>INT, is it any good? Annnd is it possible to even play as melee spellblade in PotD before having access to citzal lance? or should i stick to ranged until then?

Any input is appreciated,

thanks!

3 hours ago, Callius87 said:

As for stats, i was thinking about capping PER, dumping resolve, keeping low might and then CON>DEX>INT, is it any good?

with a bloodmage/streetfighter i highly absolutely recommend prioritizing int over con and dex. if you plan on using citzal's or other summoned weapons, you definitely want them to last a while, and int will also control the area effect of citzal.

3 hours ago, Callius87 said:

Annnd is it possible to even play as melee spellblade in PotD before having access to citzal lance?

absolutely. i have played far more dangerous glass cannons with good success. you will want to make sure you have good support from your party because a streetfighter in particular can be knocked out really quickly if you're not paying attention. i suspect you're mostly focusing on using blood sacrifice to get to bloodied, and in case you are, keep in mind that a blood mage can also trivially trigger "heating up" by using chill fog and standing in it. the way inversions work, the speed bonus of heating up will be much more powerful than the combined recovery and accuracy penalty of being blinded, so while it's not quite as good as just "heating up" from being distracted or bloodied, it's a pretty foolproof way of doing so.

at the very least, concelhaut's staff at tier 1 combined with something like chill fog is a pretty safe, good option to deal damage: with reach you're not next to anyone dangerous (depending on how you aimed your chill fog) and you regenerate a small amount of health with each hit.

Edited by thelee