I'm currently reinstalling the game and have long considered a final addition to my buff filtering mod. I feel that chants are comparable to auras in many ways, so if you want to hide auras, why not chants too?

My idea is to filter out any buffs from chants:

• Come, Come Soft Winds of Death - the buff on the singing chanter only
  • Blessed Was Wengridh, Quickest of his Tribe
  • At the Sight of their Comrades, their Hearts Grew Bold
  • One Dozen Stood Against the Power of the Saint
  • Ancient Memory
  • Sure-Handed Ila Nocked her Arrow with Speed
  • Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr
  • The Silver Knights' Shields Broke both Arrow and Blade
  • Her Courage Thick as Steel
  • Seven Men, onto the Deck They Went
  • Old Siec Would Not Rest 'til His Hunger Was Sated
  • They Shielded Their Eyes 'Gainst the Fampyr's Gaze
  • Mercy and Kindness Followed Where'er She Walked
  • Many Lives Pass By, Each Leaving Footprints (if it leaves some kind of buff on the chanter - I've actually never used this)
  • With all your Strength, Slay the Beast!
  • The Arrow Sings Between the Dragon's Scales

So again, this will only hide buffs from chants. It will not hide any debuffs they cause; soft winds of death would be visible on affected opponents of the chanter, etc. It will not hide anything from invocations.

Anyway, unfortunately the mod makes no difference between the party and its enemies. Any buff you hide from yourself you hide from opponents too. So I was wondering, is there any chant on the list above that you 1) know some enemy in the game actually uses and 2) you feel would be quite bad to not know about (if you didn't already in advance)? I thought that the resistance chants might be really disruptive to hide, but I can't think of anyone who uses them. As I recall, the only chants from that list that enemies use are:

• Come, Come Soft Winds of Death
  • At the Sight of their Comrades, their Hearts Grew Bold
  • Ancient Memory
  • Sure-Handed Ila Nocked her Arrow with Speed
  • Old Siec Would Not Rest 'til His Hunger Was Sated (and this I might be remembering from PoE1 ogres even)

What say you?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

What about the special chants that eoten chanters use? I think those are special enough that you shouldn't hide those.

Personally, very nearly all of them I want to know that they exist. I just finished a run with a celebrant and very nearly every chant I found useful to know when it was actually active (especially Mercy and Kindness so I could time heals). Simply looking at what song is active on your chanter's little UI isn't enough because it doesn't take into account linger, suppression, cleansing, or duration extension.

8 hours ago, omgFIREBALLS said:
  • Many Lives Pass By, Each Leaving Footprints (if it leaves some kind of buff on the chanter - I've actually never used this)

doesn't leave any kind of buff on the chanter.

• Thanks 1

I'm not touching the eoten chants because the objective is to clean up the party tooltip. Can't recall mobs having so many effects that the screen couldn't fit them even before this mod.

Okay, so you seem more like someone who simply wouldn't activate the mod. I tend to have 2 20+ int troubadours in my parties just cycling 2 chants each, which is full uptime under normal circumstances, and I don't play differently if something messes with those normal circumstances. For me it's a cleaner tooltip, at least.

My Deadfire mods

7 minutes ago, omgFIREBALLS said:

I'm not touching the eoten chants because the objective is to clean up the party tooltip. Can't recall mobs having so many effects that the screen couldn't fit them even before this mod.

i raise this because some of the eotan chants affect party members, which would add to the party tooltip. but if you're just hiding buffs i's not a concern

The spirit of the mod is to hide buffs you expect to be there anyway, so you can react to the rest 😃

My Deadfire mods