Marux Amanth doesn't level up

Solmyr999

Question

Hello,

I bound marux amanth to xoti but can't get it to stack burn damage for level 1. Shining beacon, cleansing flame, fan of flames scrolls or immolator bombs don't do anything.

I tried rebinding, switching weapon slots, but it stays stuck at 0.

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Solmyr999 said:

Hello,

I bound marux amanth to xoti but can't get it to stack burn damage for level 1. Shining beacon, cleansing flame, fan of flames scrolls or immolator bombs don't do anything.

I tried rebinding, switching weapon slots, but it stays stuck at 0.

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance

This seems to happen very occasionally.

The way that seems to fix it is to unequip it, save the game, completely exit (or else something isn't properly cleared in the memory), launch the game, then load the game, and equip it. It should work after that. (There was an older post suggesting this - I can verify that this still works, because marux amanth glitched out for me a couple days ago and this fixed it.)

Edited by thelee

On 5/2/2022 at 2:17 AM, Birdtown said:

Equip a necklace of fireballs and you can knock it out in a shot.  Just make sure its working first.   

this is an older thread, but i'd also just add on that OP had originally mentioned a bunch of damage-over-time effects. in actuality, while there is an occasional marux amanth bug that prevents it from leveling up, in this case damage-over-time effects do not count towards marux amanth. (this is probably also a bug). and yeah, a necklace of fireballs (or a scroll of fan of flames) might be able to level it up in one go.