POE2 Failing to Launch

dirack

Question

I just purchased Pillars of Eternity II today, and am currently unable to launch the game. I get an error message stating, "The Game crashed. The crash report folder named '2020-05-17_22516" next to game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!"

I've attached the files in the listed folder.

Help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated. 

I am running WIndows 10 Home, 64 bit i7-6700, 32 GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 Driver version 445.87

Here are the trouble shooting steps I have performed:

1) Updated Windows

2) Updates NVIDIA Graphics Drivers

3) Steam Verified Integrity of Game Files

4) Uninstalled/Reinstalled

5) Verified integrity of game files again

crash.dmp error.log output_log.txt

2 answers to this question

Hey dirack! Thanks for letting us know about this issue with Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. I apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this issue has caused. After looking over your crash and output_log, it seems like a Citrix issue. Citrix is a networking program that, for some reason, has been preventing some players from launching some Unity-based games on Steam. Players have let us know that either updating or uninstalling the software that they've been able to fix this issue. I'll leave a link below to helpful thread that helped all the players who ran into a problem with Citrix. I hope you are staying safe and healthy!

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/108037-crash-directly-when-starting-the-game/?p=2133513

If the issue persists, please submit a ticket to support@obsidian.net as this forum is not officially a support channel and is more for the community to help each other. 

Thanks and have a good day.