Help me flesh out my character! 

Requirements, not negotiable. Ranger Pirate as I want an animal sidekick. 

Requirements:

Will be played on Potd with homemade party. Party is negotiable other than will have a medium armored Moon Godlike Pally/Shieldbearer, who sword and boards and will be my Priest to make it more challenging.... no Priest in Party.

Main - Wood Elf Ranger Deadfire Archipelago Drifter - will be my trap stealth trap guy and Must have Apprentice Sneak Attack. Will use Sabre/Stilletto and Pistol. Pet is Wolf(Dog).”

Go.....

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Yep. Hat is a must. As will be the Boatswains’Uniform.  What Stilletto pairs best with the Sabre of the Seas? Looking for a good pairing and a Pistol that somehow causes a status effect that I can exploit by following up with my melee weapons. Will have Swift Aim as it effects melee as well as helps with the Pistol Speed.

There is no pistol that applies an effect you describe. Blunderbuss: yes.

The first pistol I would use is the Disappointer. If you enchant it with any quality enchantment (e.g. "Accurate I") the "Terrible" will get removed. There's no other pistol that comes so early. Then St. Garam's Spark - and I would stick to it. It comes quite early and has the marking enchantment: provides +10 ACC for your animal companion if you attack the same target and stacks with everything. Fellstroke and Dulcanale are also good. 

Stiletto for pierce damage I presume? But for optics may I point you to Aattuuk? Since it looks a bit like a (small) cutlass.

The alternative to the hat would be the Crossed Patch obviously. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

9 hours ago, Blades of Vanatar said:

Yep. Hat is a must. As will be the Boatswains’Uniform.  What Stilletto pairs best with the Sabre of the Seas? Looking for a good pairing and a Pistol that somehow causes a status effect that I can exploit by following up with my melee weapons. Will have Swift Aim as it effects melee as well as helps with the Pistol Speed.

Sabre of the seas is good, but you will come across better sabres later like bittercut.

One of the best stilletos early on is Azureith's stiletto, The zap on hit helps a lot. However, be prepared to ditch it mid to end game, due to it's lmited upgrade potential.

Stilettos I used all game: Oidreacht and Misery's end. They can be upgraded full to superb, even legendary, and you will recover  health when fighting. Bleak fang is good for the extra DR penetration but it will also hit a wall in terms of upgrading.

BTW if you dual wield stilettos you will benefit from flick of the wrist on both hands.

For pistols you can get forgiveness fairly early and it has a speed enchant. But for pirate, maybe a blunderbuss? Lead spitter will tear through armor.

Speed enchant on reloading weapons only applies to the recovery, not the reloading phase. For a pistol that's 260 frames instead of 275 frames or in other words a 6% speed increase (at 10 DEX). As comparison: a war bow would have a 14% increase in speed at 10 DEX with the same enchantment.

With Durgan Steel on top it would be 12% (pistol) vs. 30% (war bow).

If you use Swift Aim it becomes a bit more interesting though (192 frames with speed ench. vs. 210 without speed enchantment) because the 50% reloading bonus reduces the reload overhang quite a bit.

Edited by Boeroer

So, St Garam’s Park for marking, matches with Marked Prey. I will be using Sabre of the Seas, which has a crit ability, so I need ACC bonuses. WF Obviously. Pallly companion Aura for better attacking, wizard and Druid for debilitating status effects on first couple of rounds, Barb yelling and Chanter singing.... After pistol shot charge into melee Attacking the recipient of my opening blast with my wolf flanking for App Sneak Attack bonus.  Looks life Swift Aim as well for the Pistol. That’s a good start.... 

If you are using a melee Paladin you can also give him a marking weapon (like Blade of the Endless Paths, Cladhalíath, Shame or Glory or Spectacular Spetum) AND Coordinated Attacks (I'm still mad this doesn't exist in Deadfire anymore): if he's standing near to you and you attack the same enemy you will gain +25 ACC (+10 marking, +10 Coordinated Attacks, +5 aura). And he will gain +10 from your St. Garam's Spark. Very useful Paladin to have if you go against the high-defense enemies like dragons and bounties and such. If he's a Darcozzi he can even stack Inspiring Liberation on you for an overall bonus of +35 ACC.If he's dual wielding Shame or Glory + Cladhalíath (which looks rather ridiculous I have to admit) it's even +45 ACC. ;) 

Once had a Darcozzi who was dual wielding Shame and Glory (from the Helwax Mold) with Inspiring Liberation and Coordinated attacks who teamed up with a Priest who had Inspiring Radiance and casted Devotions for the faithful and a Cipher who used Borrowed Instincts and then Tactical Meld on the Paladin. That's +115 ACC for the Cipher iirc. Poor dragons got crit by Disintegration and then crit-charmed by Whisper of Treason nearly every time. ;) 

Edited by Boeroer