Difficulty randomly changed / scaled down

I'm playing POTD on ps4 and when I logged in today to play the enemy spawn numbers were dramatically lower. I'm playing level scaling up only on all. I don't know how to verify what level enemies I'm fighting but it's just a slaughter. No challenge at all, unfortunately. Usually there are quite a few enemies and the challenge is significant. Now, one swing, two tops from any of my characters and enemies just explode. I went to the Crookspur island, I'm level 13, not sure if that's just an extremely easy location or what the issue is however, I'm hoping if it's a bug someone can point me towards a fix. All of my saves are from days ago. Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Thanks 1

I tried to change the difficulty slider, exit and change it back. But I’ve loaded new maps since and there are an underwhelming amount of enemies and it’s still really easy. It feels like something for sure changed in terms of enemies and difficulty but I can’t figure out how to change it back. Really frustrating. Thinking about restarting but I’m already level 13...

Alright, thanks for the reply. I restarted with the triple crown challenge so it doesn’t happen again. I figure if I get into a brutally hard fight I could always quit from the main menu. 

12 hours ago, Dyxx said:

@Whys0ap I have reported your bug on the official Discord channel from Versus Evil. 

I mentioned that you reported your bug here first.

So you know I don't "claim" this bug to be found by me

Thank you 

Have you tried to disable and then enable "upscaling all" again ?

I'm playing on PotD too and never noticed anything like that.

Have you restarted your cane after a patch or is it a save from day one ?

I did not disable up-scaling only tried to change the difficulty slider. To be honest I started a new playthrough with Magran's triple crown challenge. This way difficulty won't be able to change downward as it will be locked. The only downside is expert mode since I can't tell how hard the quests are but I'm making it work so far.