Penetration issues with multiple damage type weapons s

Knowing Prince

Question

Hello. I'm noticing a small bug in my playthrough of the game. There are multiple examples of my weapons getting the no penetration signal when they actually should be able to penetrate. Based on the testing I've done, it seems to only affect weapons that are pierce or slash. So rods, hunting bows, etc. I play on the recently patched Xbox one version. Would love to hear your thoughts!

1 answer to this question

On 3/24/2020 at 3:17 AM, Knowing Prince said:

Hello. I'm noticing a small bug in my playthrough of the game. There are multiple examples of my weapons getting the no penetration signal when they actually should be able to penetrate. Based on the testing I've done, it seems to only affect weapons that are pierce or slash. So rods, hunting bows, etc. I play on the recently patched Xbox one version. Would love to hear your thoughts!

It is not a small bug, it is a huge bug, you will understand when you will face death guard with a bow. bow are completely useless against them, the game don't take in count immunity to pierce, and the bow (war/hunt/unique) never switch to slash damage when you attack an enemy immune to pierce. Weirdly, this happen only if the target is immune to pierce, if it is 99% resistant to pierce, no problem the bow switch to slash.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/109079-whats-kraken-eye-used-for/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-2200210

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...