Lockpick Adjusted Skill Value ???

Unfortunately the adjusted skill levels don't open up the skill perks.  So to get that ability you will have to put points into lock pick to get it to 60 without any adjustment.  To me it was kind of a silly perk anyway as even if I could see what was inside I still was likely to pick the lock for the experience I received from using the skill, which opened up the container that I could then shift through.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I need to create a new topic, but this is along the same lines; the whole UI is kinda confusing. There is hardly enough info/tooltips for me to make a decision, for instance some equipment cards have little dots along the left side, others have little diamonds. Where can I see info about what all this stuff means, why I should care about the differences?

Seems like the devs just haphazardly added elements to the UI without considering they know what it means, doesn't automagically mean everyone else would too.

Dots are upgrade slots (used are filled, unused are empty). Diamonds indicates that it's a pristine item. A tutorial screen will appear the first time you find a pristine item and you have to press and hold a key down to clear it. A similar mechanic exists for all the aspects of the game that the developers felt were important enough to call a "time out" for.

As for info, I'd recommend starting with the menu labelled "Codex". Each time you unlock a new aspect of the game mechanics, it will become highlighted until you go in and clear it, though you can read it in it's entirety from the beginning of the game.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

You are both right as the UI does have a lot of little things you have to look in to figure out what they mean.  I do recall a pop up about pristine items but if you where in combat or moving fast you could easily miss it.  The dots that tell you how many mods are attached to an item where less clear, it might be in the codex but how I figured it out was through trial and error.  I attached a mod then noticed the dot was filled in that gave me the eureka moment of what that meant.

It was also confusing at first how the different damage was handled combined with the DPS vs damage of a weapon.  You can totally get by using plasma on everything but if you switch up between different types of damage for the different mobs it becomes noticeable.  The same with a quick high damage weapon which is good for unarmored things compared to a slower high damage weapon that is good for high armor items.  It isn't necessary to utilize it as you can make it through the game ignoring it completely but if you use the system it does make things easier.