New Force Powers???

Please hear me out. Mr. Feargus, Mr. Avellone, if you're listening, then great. Here's my two cents for a cool idea. Don't know if it's too late to implement for the development team, but nonetheless, here goes.

Think back to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes. Remember how Vader (a.k.a. Anakin) beat the crap out of his prodigy son Skywalker at the end of the film where Luke loses his hand?

Well, during that battle sequence Vader was constantly hurling projectiles at his son pummeling the living daylights out of him. Vader threw everything but the kitchen sink, including metallic crates, shrapnel, and other random debris. Now wouldn't that be a cool element/force power to add into KotOR2:TSL?

Let's call it Force Telekinesis. It could be one of the upper level force powers that you can acquire later in the game as your jedi/character becomes more powerful. Let's say around level 15 or so. Throughout the original KotOR there were always various boxes/crates/lockers, etc... that you could open to obtain items. How about placing these types of objects throughtout the game so that the player can manipulate them if so chooses using the new "Force Telekineis" force power during random AI encounters?

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to fling metal boxes, etc... at an enemy and watch them fly through the air and get knocked down and/or out during combat? Then you could just run up to them and whack away with your lightsaber, hence adding to the overall slice 'n dice gameplay experience?

Just a thought. Enjoy.

Vaderbaby (a.k.a. KotOR junkie) :lol:

It sounds like a neat idea, however there are already force powers that use telekenisis style attacks. Throw Lightsaber for example. The downside to the skill your talking about is that it would not be very effective in many of the battles as well as only being effective to the point of tossing all of the objects in the area at your enemy. So unless it was extremely damaging and there were objects littered EVERYWHERE, it (in my opinion) wouldn't be worth getting. Unless they added the possibilty of having your lightsaber knocked out of your hand and the only way to get it back without running to it was Force Telekenesis (Force Grab maybe? or would too many bad jokes spawn from that...). There is also Force Push which is another similar skill.

Other uses maybe.

Evil: Stealing from shops? Rigging the races? Tripping innocent bystanders? Putting kittens in trees? :D

Good: saving someone from falling off of a cliff? Tripping dark forces? Rescuing kittens from trees? :)

Anyways! it's an interesting idea, but it would need to be expanded upon due to the extent of what would have to be done to have the objects there that could be thrown

then there's the short blunt list of deciding how things have to act:

object placement, removal from old placement, movement, deciding if object hits/misses, decide if it survives hit/miss, decide where it lands/or fragments land, decide whether non-destroyed objects (i.e. crates) should still be useable if not used yet. shouldyou be able to thrown an unemptied object?, ect, ect...

Even though it's not in my place to give you an actual answer, that's my opinion on it :)

Good points. Yeah, I was thinking about the Force Push/Force Grab/Saber Throw powers that already exist, which is why I suggested that this would be an upper level power. In any event, I guess we'll never know. Yes, it would be difficult to design/program at this stage of the game, but it never hurts to throw out an idea.

I would also like to mention that it would be cool to still be able to use your lower level force power skills, even after you have chosen to upgrade them. Sometimes you still want to be able to use Force Whirl instead of Force Wave, ya know? :lol:

I think it's a good idea, but not one suited to the current engine.

If every object in the engine had it's own physics model like the Source Engine (Half-Life 2) then great. There aren't objects around to hurl. And it would look silly to be standing in the barren desert of Tatooine, and see random crates flying at your target. Likewise, it would be silly to be underwater, and see the same effect, or any other location where the crates or objects would be out of place.

I'd chalk it up as a good idea for KOTOR:3, or a KOTOR mod to HalfLife 2. (With the gravity gun, and the physics engine, you could accomplish some incredible TK powers).