In search of an identity

One thing I've been thinking of, even in seeing previews is what that this games wants to be. I'm having a blast in this game so there is no issue with fun factor or quality of work than has gone into game, dialog etc.

But when I play I see a sky that's beautiful like in mass effect or some something, I look straight ahead and I see a world that sometimes borders on the cartoony-ism of Bordlerands, then all the architecture seems a mash up of Fallout and Bioshock. Even the characters seem to have bit of different games in them, but I DO really love facially quality...really top notch. Then some of the tiny spaceships you see on planets look straight out No Mans Sky in the design.

Though mainly I see a lot of Fallout. And I get the whole story and connection to Fallout, but at times I feel it leans to heavily on that connection to the point of just about replication in some way. Maybe the plan was always to make a better Fallout and it was purposely meant to look like Fallout, but I don't  think it needs to do that.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd love to see developers stretch their legs for a possible OW2 and build something of their own. I'll still buy it if it's still mainly a Fallout-ish game, but I think if the really let themselves go they could make not just a better Fallout, a better Mass Effect, etc. Taking from the best of these games without being obvious about it .

Probably thinking too deeply tonight...but with a bigger budget that hopefully OW's success may allow, I think we could only marvel at something unique they could come up with.

This is of course hoping that even though there is success here, that a corporate bottom line doesn't get involved making the devs dilute quality to add transactions, loot boxes and all the manner of evil the current gaming corporate entities like to foister (inserted Dumb Donald word) on unsuspecting gaming enthusiast. 😉