(Microsoft Store) Can't add Outerworlds.exe to Logitech Mouse

Hey all,

I got The Outerworlds via the Xbox gamepass Beta. Whenever I try to add Outerworlds.exe to my Logitech Gaming Software, I get the error that I don't have permission to open the exe. I assigned myself all rights on my system (and to that folder), but still it doesn't work. (Thanks, Microsoft, for treating PC gamers like consolegamers by blocking access to the game files, btw.)

Is there some way around this? Like running a fake file simultaniously to make the Gaming Software open the correct profile automatically?

Thanks in advance!

I had similar problem. My problem was that I added Outerworlds.exe to the logitech software G-Hub as a new profile and it didn't recognize the game when it was running. The problem was that there was another file I was supposed to use. The file is called IndianaEpicGameStore-Win64-Shipping.exe and it is in the path \Indiana\Binaries\Win64. Maybe your MS version also have a special exe you are supposed to use instead of that tone. Try to find it.

45 minutes ago, Pilda said:

I had similar problem. My problem was that I added Outerworlds.exe to the logitech software G-Hub as a new profile and it didn't recognize the game when it was running. The problem was that there was another file I was supposed to use. The file is called IndianaEpicGameStore-Win64-Shipping.exe and it is in the path \Indiana\Binaries\Win64. Maybe your MS version also have a special exe you are supposed to use instead of that tone. Try to find it.

Problem is that I have no rights to open any .exe from the Outer Worlds folder, despite me being admin and having reallocated rights to myself. Microsoft Store is a huge PITA. Now it inexplicibaly deleted all the files in the folder, but the store won't let me reinstall it...

• 3 months later...

This has the easiest workaround in the world. Logitech software activates the profile when the exe is launched, it doesn't bother to check the path or if it is even the same exe. Whatever Win 10 game you want to make a profile for, find the name of the exe in task manager while it is running (in this case, you already know), and copy any random exe from one of your other games onto your desktop. Rename that exe "Outerworlds.exe" or whatever game you are trying. Direct your logitech software to that and set up your profile. Once it's set up, delete the exe copy on your desktop. The Logitech software will now load that profile for ANY exe with that name. I got the idea when I noticed that Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together were using the same profile for me, which I figured out was because the exe files for both games share the same name.