Got download code from Gamestop but no info where to download

Isn't the code you got supposed to be used with the Epic Games Store?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

In order to get your Gamestop code to work you need to Sign up for Epic Games and download the installer. Go to the Epicgames.com website and go through your "account"section there not on the installer and redeem your code in an obscure line in your account section and be sure to "confirm" or it wont be in your account yet. Don't expect help from anyone.. even Gameslop has me on a one hour callback. Currently my download is at 1% for the last ten minutes.. wish me luck!

The confirmation email I got after I purchased it through GameStop specifically instructed me to redeem the code through Steam. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Read this thread, tried it in the Epic launcher, and that worked. Very annoyed with GameStop for not making it clear that purchasing it through them didn't avoid using the Epic launcher, because the entire reason I bought it through GameStop was to avoid the Epic launcher in the first place.

Edited by PuckFennec

7 hours ago, PuckFennec said:

The confirmation email I got after I purchased it through GameStop specifically instructed me to redeem the code through Steam. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Read this thread, tried it in the Epic launcher, and that worked. Very annoyed with GameStop for not making it clear that purchasing it through them didn't avoid using the Epic launcher, because the entire reason I bought it through GameStop was to avoid the Epic launcher in the first place.

I had the same thought and reasoning.  I actually went down to a Game Stop store , after 2 hours and 4 different calls we ended up at epic game launcher where we got the activation code to work (which I oddly had to log in and use the code again once I got back home).  There seemed to be a lot of confusion about it in the store and the support they called.  Very poor decision to not make it available on as many platforms as possible, I doubt I will ever grasp the logic behind it.