[5.0] Getting the Floating Hangman makes a crew member vanish

Naryoril

Question

I had a Dhow with all 16 crew slots filled when i did the quest to capture the Floating Hangman. The Floating Hangman only has 15 crew slots, as a result my Helmsman vanished. He isn't available in the known sailors list either, he is completely gone.

Unfortunately by the time i noticed this, the auto saves and the quicksave from before getting the Hangman were overwritten and the last savegame i have is 11 hours old.

2 answers to this question

I experienced something similar but I assumed they died in combat - I didn't loose my helmsman I lost my boatswain.

Edit - I am going to redo the battle to test and see what happens - I need to redo it anyway as Pallegina left after with some sweet gear ... can't have that.

Edited by bringingyouthefuture

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I tested with the crew not full on my ship, every single sailor went down by the enemy, and after the battle none of them disappeared, so now I am wondering if they will be gone forever - did you try sailing back to Neketaka and seeing if they are there?  That is my next goal but otherwise seems like a bug :(

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy