Sign in to follow this  
na314

Change the weapon model for Aldris

My favorite sabre in the game is the Aldris Blade of Captain Crow. It fits well with my high crit characters. 

Regarding it's appearance, it has a really sleek blade with cool glyphs etched on the side. It's great. 

The handle on the other hand is just awful. It is such a break in immersion that my sinister ninja type character has to stick his hand into the golden chicken carcass whenever he pulls his weapon. 

Request:

Is there anyone here who can mod the model for this weapon so that we can keep the cool blade, but just replace the handle with a regular sabre handle?

I know that I can just change the weapon model entirely, but I really wanted to preserve the blade on this weapon if possible.

I am sure this is more complicated than a simple change in the gamedatabundle, but I am hoping that some of the awesome people in this forum might know how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Can you post an image of the blade?

The models don't use the item names, but numbers like sabre01. I need to see the model so I can look for it in the data files. Then I can tell you if one can change it or not.

Thanks Fhav6X. 

See the below image. Also, it looks like the model ID in the game data bundle is sabre09.  

• "ModelVisualDataPath": "prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/sabre/a_sabre09.asset"

Thanks in advance!

image.png.a125e36ffb8f5799c21fbe581f62b78d.png

8 hours ago, Fhav6X said:

It is not possible to swap the hilt of this sabre since it is one big model. But it is possible to make those wings invisible.

I made a small mod for it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/321/

I hope it satisfies your request.

Thank you very much Fhav6x! Those wings were indeed the biggest problem with the model. I am very grateful for your help.