Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Engaging Eder Build

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Dalinoth

Dalinoth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Two points please:

First, is the Engaging Eder build ok to use as your main tank?

Second, I've read several posts about this build in the forums and ran a google search for the build.  The only link to the build that google has leads you to a forum post here that describes the build but does not provide the particulars (skills/abilities/gear etc...).

Can someone please provide me a link to this build or post the particulars here?  Thanks in advance.

Cannabat

Cannabat

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts
Here ya go:
https://forums.obsid...rokentrickster/

It is excellent and works with Eder.

Dalinoth

Dalinoth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Thanks.  Eder's swashbuckler, however, is Unbroken/Streetfighter and not Trickster.  How does that change the build please?  I am not using the Unity mod.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15246 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Eh? Usually Edér as swashbuckler is a vanilla Fighter/Rogue, no subclasses.

Taudis

Taudis

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 87 posts

Engagement Swashbuckler tanks are pretty much just Defender Stance + Persistent Distraction. You pick up a lot of enemies and just passively debuff them.

For Eder specifically, I'd look at something like this:

Abilities

Spoiler

I've built Eder this way a few times and mostly let the AI handle him. If you keep him at the front of your party and mostly try initiate combat by un-stealthing him, he'll naturally pick up most of the enemy frontline. I generally have a sturdy melee DPS/debuffer up front with him and then 3 squishies, so I can confidently say that this set-up covers the tanking role fairly well.

Gear

Spoiler

The gear recommendations are way more "suggestion" than "requirement". One of the nice things about specifically Eder as an engagement tank is that his decent MIG/CON paired with Constant Recovery make him reasonably sturdy even naked. If you just give him whatever is the most defensive loot you have on hand he'll do fine.

If you're using a mod that changes Eder to Unbroken/Streetfighter most of the advice stays the same. Personally I'd turn the mod off, since it takes more micro than I like on my tanks to maintain that flanked/bloodied status. The gear advice would probably change to Reckless Brigandine or One Dozen Stood as armor options and you should definitely go Weapon and Shield Style but with Last Word and a shield, using a slashing weapon as the main hand for your second weapon set. I'd recommend Marux Amanth again but there're a ton of great sabres and half-swords. Absolutely do not take the Flanked immunity weapons. Same advice applies to the Iron Hammer build (now that I look at it, it's basically the same as my suggestion... should've checked earlier and saved myself the typing).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users