Ship fires...

DiabloStorm

Question

It looks for a water spell/ability to put it out, why isn't Chill Fog suitable? (I'm guessing other frost spells arent suitable either) Chill fog was used in the first game (White March) vs a house fire except the description in this game even indicates "COUNTERS: FIRE" I'm sorry....why is it I can't use this now???

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Durgan%27s_Battery#Save_people_from_the_burning_hut <--- CHILL FOG VS FIRE

9RrYPhU.png

What the heck happened during development with this game...Obsidian have too much grog?

Edited by DiabloStorm

4 answers to this question

It would be more helpful if you were to indicate which scripted interaction in Deadfire you are referring to. 

Hmm, the dialogue based ship fires when you enter a storm that randomly happen. 

This ---> Fire belowdecks: Occurs at random, but seems to occur less often after passing checks. Does not occur if you instructed your cook to put out fires in the hold.

• Pump the bilges and use the water to fight the fire. Requires Deckhand Check 6 to succeed, otherwise a crew member is killed and you lose 6 Morale. Failing to pump the bilges has a high chance of repeating this event - a very easy way to get 2 or 3 crew members killed in one fell swoop.
  • Cast a Water keyword ability to put out the fire (Tekehu has 3 possible abilities by default). Always succeeds.
  • Like 1