Garrote wrong description?

Phenomenum

Question

Description says: "Choke the target Paralyzing them and dealing Raw Damage over time. When the effect ends, the target is proned".

But i can't see corresponding effect. Am i missed something?

11.jpg

2 answers to this question

It's there, I don't know why it's not listed because those tool-tips are autogenerated. I think it's because it's a conditional effect that only triggers on a successful paralyze.

From https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/paladin

"Garrote (AL0, The Steel Garrote only): costs 2 Zeal to target an enemy and Paralyze them for base 6s. If and only if you successfully Paralyze them (if it gets resisted or it misses it doesn't count) then the enemy also takes 4 base raw damage per second and at the end of the Paralyze they are proned. No other paladin order gets such a great debuff and even with the 2 Zeal cost a Woedican paladin can keep spamming this on a critical enemy to keep them out of the fight. The main drawback is that this ability comes at the expense of a free AL1 ability, so if you are a more defensively or supportively minded paladin you are much better off with a different order." (emphasis added)

I verified this in-game, which is how I got the numbers.

• Like 1

It's there, I don't know why it's not listed because those tool-tips are autogenerated. I think it's because it's a conditional effect that only triggers on a successful paralyze.

From https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/paladin

"Garrote (AL0, The Steel Garrote only): costs 2 Zeal to target an enemy and Paralyze them for base 6s. If and only if you successfully Paralyze them (if it gets resisted or it misses it doesn't count) then the enemy also takes 4 base raw damage per second and at the end of the Paralyze they are proned. No other paladin order gets such a great debuff and even with the 2 Zeal cost a Woedican paladin can keep spamming this on a critical enemy to keep them out of the fight. The main drawback is that this ability comes at the expense of a free AL1 ability, so if you are a more defensively or supportively minded paladin you are much better off with a different order." (emphasis added)

I verified this in-game, which is how I got the numbers.

Got it, thanks. In this case Obsidian should adjust effect description. There a plenty of abilities with similar condition, and Garrote description should looks like:

Target:

Paralyzed for 6.0 sec. | Accuracy vs. Fortitude

If successful: 4 Raw Damage per 1.0 sec. for 6.0 sec., Prone on effect end

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1