Infinite failed casts

arkteryx

Question

So sometimes while casting a spell, it will somehow transfer to another party member who then keep trying and failing to cast it. See screenshot.

D'arkteryx, my cipher/paladin watcher, seems to trying to cast the chill fog that Tekehu was casting. This causes her to repeatedly abandon casting shared flames and gets her stuck in an infinite loop. I can't cancel the cast or issue her new orders, she just keeps failing over and over again until the end of combat. Even if I were prepared to continue the fight essentially down a member, it also makes things harder by continually spamming my combat log with multiple lines per second, even while paused, making it impossible to see anything else. 

I'm not sure what causes it to happen, might have something to do with repeatedly pausing, this was a hectic fight, but it's fairly rare, only the third time I've seen it in my playthrough. It does not reoccur in the same fight if I quit and reload, no obvious trigger that caused it. So probably hard to track down but I thought I'd report it anyway.

post-195320-0-88647400-1549873315_thumb.jpg

Edited by arkteryx
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Just had it happen again, also in the SSS arena but a different fight. This time I stuck it out, won the fight but then I didn't get teleported out afterwards so I was trapped and had to reload anyway. I was no longer in combat and stopped trying to cast but I must have kept trying long enough to override the dialogue and script to put you back outside. This time it was a chanter invocation that got overwritten onto shared flames but I suspect it's probably just a coincidence about the shared flames again since it's just my most commonly used ability.

post-195320-0-34960900-1549880600_thumb.jpg

Edited by arkteryx

I know I've seen it other places, happened to me once during BoW (not a boss, just a random fight) and I think a couple times during base game but I forget where. Still it's possible that something about the arena increases the chances of it happening. And these were all with RTwP, doesn't seem like something that could happen in TB.

Edited by arkteryx

Salutations everyone, 

This is an interesting issue to be certain, and for certain one I haven't run into. I'll be sending this in for further investigation on our end, and hopefully we can reproduce this rare bug. Otherwise, if any of you get this issue to occur again it will help greatly to send in your output log of the issue occurring and a save file to work with.

Hope you are enjoying the Deadfire.

- Chelsea