Hi. I'm asking for help because I'm not able to decide a proper for a party for my next run on patch 4.0. My main objective is to complete all DLCs and beat all the megabosses. I'd prefer to use the default companions and I want to side with the Huana (so: no Pallegina and no Maia Rua).
My ideas so far (I've been lurking around the forum for a bit, so nothing original here):
MC: I'd like to play an Ancient druid damage dealer who casts beast and plant spells with max PL. So I'm going to be a Nature Godlike and I'll be holding the Spine of Thicket Green. That means I want to debuff Fortitude as much as I can.
Then I'll need somebody around who can protect my MC and help him land his raw damage spells. Ergo I was thinking about 3 melee guys and one mid range support:
- Eder as a Fighter who uses Willbreaker with Clear the Path or a as Swashbuckler with Kapana Taga and shield. Which one's the best?
- Aloth as a Spellblade. Which is the best way to profit from Zandethus draconic fury ? I've always wanted to try the spell, but I couldn't figure out how to squeeze the most value out of it. Another idea could be using Magran's Favor and Sun and Moon and max out fire PL. What do you think?
- Serafen as a Barbarian with high armor rating and barbaric retaliation and battle axes. No big doubts about this one.
That leaves open the last spot, the guy who fights just behind the melee line: Xoti or Tekēhu?
- If I choose Tekēhu, he should be a SC Chanter since I want to be the only druid around. How does his chanter subclass fare? And what about the chants? The Long Night's Drink Birthed the Revenge of Morning seems like an obvious choice to me, since it further debuffs fortitude. Any good ideas to play him as a ranged character ?
- If I choose Xoti, I'd be more inclined to make her a SC Priest. Maybe she works better with dual mortars as a SC monk, though. But if I am not bringing around a priest with me, I'll miss so many buffs and I don't know if this party could work without a priest.
What do you guys think? I'm a bit worried about megabosses. The main thing that the party seems to be missing is a source of "Brilliant" or another way to replenish resources. Any comment/critique would be much appreciated.
Edited by peolone, 09 February 2019 - 07:17 AM.