[4.0.1] Companion ending slides still incorrect

hayt

Question

Hello,

As I have previously reported (and followed up on) there is an ongoing bug that is incorrectly displaying the "you slept with Xoti and then dumped her" ending slide when that never occurred. It has been present since at least 2.01 when I first complete the game but others seem to suggest it's been like that for longer. Unfortunately the high quality of Obsidians writing makes me care enough that I want stuff like this to be fixed even though it isn't a "show stopper". Unless it becomes part of imported choices for a potential sequel. Then it's a showstopper for me.

If there's any way to fix this, even editing INIs or console commands please let me know. I'd love for any insider knowledge on how to set it right even if it means going under the hood. With Sanctum released I hope small issues like this don't get forgotten as the team moves on to bigger and brighter things. So please accept my humble bug report for this ongoing issue.

Here is a link with some endgame saves but also a random selection of early and mid-game ones in case that helps investigate the issue. Last time I reported on this I was told they hadn't given up on this. Fingers crossed that's the case there is a solution out there.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Salutations Hayt, 

As the one that has tested this issue the most, I am truly sorry that this still occurs for you. Whatever fix we made previously was probably not retroactive to your saves.

In lieu of this, I present to you the console command that will get rid of that endgame slide of taking Xoti's Virtue. I tested this myself with one of your older save to make certain it would work for you, and any others that run into this problem.

First: IRoll20s to enable the console commands, this will turn off achievements but can be turned back off later

Second: SetGlobalValue b_Xoti_Let_Down_Nicely 1 on your saves this was set to 0 so turning this on will make sure the Virtue slide doesn't occur

Third (optional): PrintGlobal b_Xoti_Let_Down_Nicely this one is just to make certain that you typed the previous command correctly, it will print the global and its variable in the combat log

Again, my apologies for this issue occurring for you, your love of the narrative is greatly appreciated and I do hope you continue to love the adventures the Deadfire brings.

• Like 1

Salutations Hayt, 

As the one that has tested this issue the most, I am truly sorry that this still occurs for you. Whatever fix we made previously was probably not retroactive to your saves.

In lieu of this, I present to you the console command that will get rid of that endgame slide of taking Xoti's Virtue. I tested this myself with one of your older save to make certain it would work for you, and any others that run into this problem.

First: IRoll20s to enable the console commands, this will turn off achievements but can be turned back off later

Second: SetGlobalValue b_Xoti_Let_Down_Nicely 1 on your saves this was set to 0 so turning this on will make sure the Virtue slide doesn't occur

Third (optional): PrintGlobal b_Xoti_Let_Down_Nicely this one is just to make certain that you typed the previous command correctly, it will print the global and its variable in the combat log

Again, my apologies for this issue occurring for you, your love of the narrative is greatly appreciated and I do hope you continue to love the adventures the Deadfire brings.

Thank you so so much! The console command appears to have worked! You are a hero.

Just regarding "iroll20s" you say you can disable it later but isn't it true that if you enable it at all for a save file achievements are impossible even if you turn them off again later? 

Also I tested it with my save right at the end and that worked. You say that on my saves the variable was set to 0. Is there any way to view that variable in my save file and change it there? Then I wouldn't need to worry about whether or not iroll20s disables challenges etc.

Thanks for everything!