When stacking Unbending (Trunk) with Wall of Draining on a battlemage, does it give more health faster if you keep clicking on Unbending multiple times (e.g., every time you cast a new Wall) -- or is it the same net benefit (accumulated health recovery) if you just keep casting Walls after the orignal Unbending click?

You have 2 Unbending types in your character screen, if you already healed with it.

One of them tells you how much hp you're healing and can also stack, the other one just tells you how long till the buff runs out.

As long as the second non stacking healing doesn't run out you will keep stacking the first one, if you have something like 6x stacks you're invincible against stuff like Dorudugan, only thing that could kill you is too many hp debuff from his cleave.

I don't think, but also don't know if clicking unbending would give you more healing, but I highly doubt it.

Best way to test it would be using blood sacrifice to get your hp down and test it against something like enchanted armor in FS that can't kill you but also deals decent damage.

You have 2 Unbending types in your character screen, if you already healed with it.

One of them tells you how much hp you're healing and can also stack, the other one just tells you how long till the buff runs out.

As long as the second non stacking healing doesn't run out you will keep stacking the first one, if you have something like 6x stacks you're invincible against stuff like Dorudugan, only thing that could kill you is too many hp debuff from his cleave.

I don't think, but also don't know if clicking unbending would give you more healing, but I highly doubt it.

Best way to test it would be using blood sacrifice to get your hp down and test it against something like enchanted armor in FS that can't kill you but also deals decent damage.

Thanks.  I guess I will try to see.

Note (sad panda) that one enchanted armor suit that gives the crimson armor in FS, when you take its necklace, did kill me several times - largely when it summoned its enchanted weapons, which always seem to hit for a lot of damage (same with the vithrak luminaries that summon them).  The armor itself wasn't as bad, though it has 1 attack that hit me for like 227hp dmg and killed me outright since I wasn't at 100% health .... lol.

I was asking because I solo'd Neri (dragon) at end of Beats of Winter last night, and I couldn't get Unbending to stack really high even clicking it several times .... it was always around a paltry 8-25hp.  Maybe the walls were wearing off too quick.  From having to cast walls constantly, plus chillfog every 20-30 secs to keep flank, plus keep up arcane reflection etc, it was a very slow fight - largely me wearing her down over time with combusting wounds, wall of fire, and occasional phantom summons.  Shrug.   She killed me first time.  Second time I got her.  Voidward seemed to help 2nd time.

Edited by brasilgringo

Thanks.  I guess I will try to see.

Note (sad panda) that one enchanted armor suit that gives the crimson armor in FS, when you take its necklace, did kill me several times - largely when it summoned its enchanted weapons, which always seem to hit for a lot of damage (same with the vithrak luminaries that summon them).  The armor itself wasn't as bad, though it has 1 attack that hit me for like 227hp dmg and killed me outright since I wasn't at 100% health .... lol.

I was asking because I solo'd Neri (dragon) at end of Beats of Winter last night, and I couldn't get Unbending to stack really high even clicking it several times .... it was always around a paltry 8-25hp.  Maybe the walls were wearing off too quick.  From having to cast walls constantly, plus chillfog every 20-30 secs to keep flank, plus keep up arcane reflection etc, it was a very slow fight - largely me wearing her down over time with combusting wounds, wall of fire, and occasional phantom summons.  Shrug.   She killed me first time.  Second time I got her.  Voidward seemed to help 2nd time.

Weird, I had to reload against the armor cuz my damage was ****, then I got the curse club and it was easy sailing.

Now that you mention it I seem to recall that recklicking unbending might actually remove your previous healing, I only ever got it super high when I didn't have to reclick for very long.

To keep unbending up you need 3 walls all the time, chill fog is not a good way to flank against Nery, phantom is much better (tho it requires you to not have a reach weapon equipped) against her and Doru.

(and phantom doesn't have a cap for curse club stacking, so while your own curse caps at 25% damage increase, phantom will keep applying it)

edit: I rewatched my enchanted armor fight and it has indeed one abilty that does 270ish damage and can catch you off guard, but I soon found out that when I have a phantom summoned it always goes for the phantom, I guess recognizing the lower defences (my build had like 140-160 deflection and phantom only has 120), so as long as you have a summon you will never get oneshot)

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1