[4.0.0.0034] Bugs & Irregularities list

GMV

Question

This is a continuation of my previous list (after the 3 DLCs) that I by accident posted one forum down.

* Forever in a Slug Zone.

After a battle in the Bog on the unnamed island with the Ruins of Amira's Roost, I found out that Fassina is forever in a slugzone. See attached image for the remaining debuff, even in the "overworld". Resting does not aid.

[solution] Entering a new Slog Zone did aid (I used a bath in the luminous bath house for this (first time entering, so you only dip in it shortly)). So it is not a permanent thing, but was rather odd for the few fights I had to go through without the benefit of normal speed.

* 0 recovery time when using Flames of Devotion

When now stating to Pallegina to use her upgraded FoD, she uses it constantly (for as long as she has zeal or the enemy is dead (using the Whispers of Endless Path blade)) and has 0 recovery time between the attacks. This bug does not occur with Shared Flames and a single handed weapon for instance.

* Tekehu fails to recognize proper sex

In the Luminous Bathhouse when you have your first conversation with the gentleman you pay the 1000 copper to the enter the bath, Tekehu fails to recognize the sex of the player.

After asking on whom's coin Tekehu will enjoy the bath, he replies the captain and adds "Stronger than he looks, I say...."

I am playing, however, as a female Moon Godlike. So something goes wrong there.

* Stacking of Rest Bonuses

Especially crypted ones on islands when meeting campsites have at times given characters of mine 2 rest bonuses (With Friends Like These + other bonus)

* Forgotten Sanctum

Despite encountering new monsters for the first time my party receives no xp at all for vanquishing them. Normall you receive a bit for the first but here there is none.

* Vailan Trading Company Ships

Getting now 5 Vailian Trading Company Flags per ship that I plunder (I tend to get attacked, I do not initiate the attack, if that aids)

[side note - wow, the difficulty spike. I got the Forgotten Sanctum trigger from Llengrath at level 8 or 9, iirc. Went in at level 16 PC, getting my ass kicked - I have to go out (playing veteran difficulty, the base game is still smooth sailing (have to still embark on the other two DLC paths)) 

post-153451-0-15729600-1545738542_thumb.png

Edited by GMV

3 answers to this question

Whispers has been nerfed badly.  Old version was OP because even though it had lower dam.. it had increased pen and hit main target twice (independently i might add. so if you missed you often got a second chance... though it did also hit companions which it no longer does).  However i agree they nerfed it waaaaay to much.  I'm using a mod that re-balances it.  Now it does normal great sword damage, but the aoe cone does the lesser damage as before and doesnt hit main target twice.  Much more balanced.

However i am having a bug with whispers that is unrelated to the mod.  Only seems to happen with Flames of devotion.  If you use FoD and hit your target with whispers.. your character goes ballistic and spams follow up hits with FoD with no recovery in between until all but one resource point is left or until you miss.  As you can imagine... this bug is OP as Hell.  Tested both with and without mod.  I believe this isn't the first time this bug has triggered with aoe attacks.

Edited by Pharaun159

Whispers has been nerfed badly.  Old version was OP because even though it had lower dam.. it had increased pen and hit main target twice (independently i might add. so if you missed you often got a second chance... though it did also hit companions which it no longer does).  However i agree they nerfed it waaaaay to much.  I'm using a mod that re-balances it.  Now it does normal great sword damage, but the aoe cone does the lesser damage as before and doesnt hit main target twice.  Much more balanced.

However i am having a bug with whispers that is unrelated to the mod.  Only seems to happen with Flames of devotion.  If you use FoD and hit your target with whispers.. your character goes ballistic and spams follow up hits with FoD with no recovery in between until all but one resource point is left or until you miss.  As you can imagine... this bug is OP as Hell.  Tested both with and without mod.  I believe this isn't the first time this bug has triggered with aoe attacks.

I also noticed Pallegina, when said to use FoD does not stop using it unless commanded to do another ability. [edit] And after testing also noticed indeed she get 0 recovery time, seems an issue in FoD.

Will add it to the list above. Thanks for verifying this.

Edited by GMV

AOE weapons are bugged with abilities (4.0.1], not only whispering. Have same problem with citzal's lance. Perhaps not ranged weapon (mortar weapons are fines). One the ability only affect the main target (when in 4.0 beta you could still apply an ability like mule kick to a group of targets with the AOE) and two your character just keep spaming the same ability until all resources drained or you give another order.