noob modder question help pls

I have mod to change height of races - it works nice 

I copied whole block of Game.GameData.CharacterStatsSettingsComponent and changed GlobalRaceScale values.

Question is - can i delete all other values, or do i need to keep whole block intact? In mods from nexus, i noticed they have all blocks intact.

But in this case, its almost half of original gamedatabundle. And there are values, which scare me - attack speeds and weapon specifics and whatnot. It doesnt seem as futureproof solution (i better redo it every patch, in case anything would change)

Can i do it like this:

{
"GameDataObjects": [{
"$type": "Game.GameData.GlobalGameSettingsGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
"DebugName": "GlobalGameSettings",
"ID": "eddfc852-ccb9-4884-b901-e77e8ca31b48",
"Components": [{
"$type": "Game.GameData.CharacterStatsSettingsComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
"GlobalRaceScale": [{
"Race": "Human",
"MaleScale": 1,
"FemaleScale": 0.96
}, {
"Race": "Elf",
"MaleScale": 0.98,
"FemaleScale": 0.95
}, {
"Race": "Dwarf",
"MaleScale": 0.85,
"FemaleScale": 0.82
}, {
"Race": "Godlike",
"MaleScale": 1,
"FemaleScale": 0.95
}, {
"Race": "Orlan",
"MaleScale": 0.76,
"FemaleScale": 0.77
}, {
"Race": "Aumaua",
"MaleScale": 1.05,
"FemaleScale": 1.02
}
],
}
]
}
]
}

is it possible this way?

(all mainly because aumana are so hideous, and making them smaller is much better lol)
Edited by kiki78

In BMac's tutorial (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103384-tutorial-modding-basic-concepts/) he deletes everything he's not modifying

Now I'll remove the data I don't want to override. Note that I always need to leave the "$type" and "ID" properties of the object, and the "$type" property of any components I want to alter.

So you should be able to do the same here. Give it a try! Worst that can happen is it doesn't work and you have to hit ctrl+z

In BMac's tutorial (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103384-tutorial-modding-basic-concepts/) he deletes everything he's not modifying

Now I'll remove the data I don't want to override. Note that I always need to leave the "$type" and "ID" properties of the object, and the "$type" property of any components I want to alter.

So you should be able to do the same here. Give it a try! Worst that can happen is it doesn't work and you have to hit ctrl+z

Thanks!

I didnt really follow any tutorial, i just figured it by watching other mods - according to this info, most of them do it wrong. Time to try it, and also check tutorial.

No (soz @housefly)

You have to completely redefine the whole object.

When you re-define the object you need to include all the original junk you've got no interest in as the object over-writes the original

i.e. if you only leave height in there's nothing else left (it'd be cool if they did a merge rather than over-write)

As my friend HouseFly says - try it out

Not been here for a bit so may not be up to date (so test)

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks